1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did you ever get jealous of your sister in law's pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by smartwife, Aug 19, 2015.

1. smartwife

smartwife New IL'ite

Or was your sister in law jealous of your pregnancy??

I have been hearing about a lot of this tendency cropping up lately!! Just wondering of any of you had similar experiences.

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

I do...not because she is pregnant but bcoz she is having a 3rd girl...she is ofcourse not happy about being pregnant this time
    1. bcoz shez over 40
    2. her oldest is 16
    3. It is a girl again

Im both jealous and happy for their big family but since I love baby girls and all I have is 1 son...BTW, she is also jealous coz we have a boy...who said God is fair afterall..

1 person likes this.
  3. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Don't have a sis in law to be jealous of, but I have been jealous of a close friend. She had aborted her first pregnancy, and soon after that I miscarried for the second time. Then she immediately got pregnant again as soon as she tried, and I struggled for a long time. So when I heard that she was pregnant I actually asked God how he could be so merciless with me and be so kind to her who had gotten rid of the baby.

I felt very very guilty after the thought, so called her up and told her immediately. Luckily she understood, because we are still friends

4. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Not exactly jealous but upset...
    Recently a relative of my hubby had a baby..I have been postponing my TTC since some years due to personal problems, even though I love babies..When the relative became pregnant, she was glowing and everyone gave her sooo much attention and pampered her and took such good care of her..When we went to visit her no one as much as asked me if I was doing ok or not and totally ignored me...

When I attended the babys naming ceremonies etc everyone asked me when I would give good news! Also heard a few taunts for delaying having baby! More than jealous I was upset and slightly envious!:(

I'm actually not a jealous kind of person but some situations do bring out few negative qualities in me:(

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

When I was in third year college....one of the married girl in class was pregnant. She got so much special treatment from everyone .She would be absent fr so long and teachers would let others give proxy attendance.During practical exams...they literally helped her complete her exam for her and she left while we were midway through ours.
    We were so irritated and jealous .

6. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

I am a mother of a single child and am always jealous (not in a dark way though) of people opting for a second / third child...

7. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

Yes I'm jealous of my sister-in-law being pregnant. She is into her 4th month now and already have twin baby girls of 10 years. I have 2.5 years old son and we are trying for our second baby and because of PCOS I'm not able to conceive. She gets pregnant very easily and if its a girl also aborts her very easily. Off course she is very tensed with her pregnancy being the reason if it is a girl again??? and also jealous of me because I have Baby boy. Anyway I still have hopes that I will get pregnant and my hubby will pamper me like anything. I have enjoyed my first pregnancy thoroughly and looking forward for the second one :)

8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

I have seen jealousy in my SIL when I was pregnant with my younger one. She had a much elder kid, was in a different country, and had serious problems conceiving again.

She was upset over a lot of things:
    - I got pregnant before her for the second one.
    - I did not tell her that we were planning a second one, while her struggles were public.
    - I told her IL's the good news over the phone, before she had time to prepare them, as they were already disappointed with her struggles.
    - I had a boy already, while she had a girl, and was doing gender selection to have a boy.
    - My parents were in the same city, hers weren't.