I am afraid to be happy

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by MLP1, Aug 13, 2015.

1. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

I have had a very difficult life due to which I am afraid to be happy. I have noticed that if I feel happy for 1-2 days, something happens due to which I cry / feel sad. This has become like a vicious cycle and I see no solution. I do lot of pooja but feel like there is no hope in life and nothing to look forward to, though in reality my financial situation has improved for the first time. Because of my past I am afraid to think that my life is good, because I feel anything can go wrong. In short I have no mental peace and always feel insecure. Someone please help me. Any poojas or solutions?

2. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @MLP1,

Of course ups and downs is a cycle. But as you have mentioned it is NOT a vicious cycle. Please note that life cannot be up,up and up even for the luckiest in the world. Every one who is born has ups and downs in life. If you magnify the up, the down will look automatically get magnified and your problems will look magnified.

If you pray God daily or for whatever you want, and finish that prayer saying honestly," Let Thy Will Happen", you will be able to control your feelings on both ups and downs, and you will indeed be a better positive, loving, strong and courageous person. Please try sincerely and you will enjoy everything in life, including ups and downs, equally.

Cheers.

2 people like this.
  3. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Dear Suryakala,

Thank you for your response. I have been thinking about what you said all these days and it has since sunk in. Thank you for beautifully explaining this to me. My thoughts and perspective needs to change.

Regards,
    Padma

1 person likes this.
  4. sbmat

sbmat Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    your post reminds me of my life even I had a phase like that .hang in there.
    i had shown to a good astrologer and he said that what we face is due to our past Karmas. He suggested me to ask forgiveness to god every morning after bath mention ur name and gotra and nakshatra . Suggest u to try it .this simple solution has done wonders for me maybe it can help u too.also pray without any materialistic expectations and thank god for what he has given be it good or bad.sorry if my reply may not be to your expectation.all the best

5. MLP1

MLP1 Silver IL'ite

Dear sbmat,

Thank you so much for your response. I will surely try your solution and I know it will help me. I appreciate your help and God bless.

Padma