1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take it or leave it

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Aug 6, 2015.

1. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

wow!!! Story line is good. Interesting.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Going good! Waiting for next update.

3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

@daisy -- superb.. keep rocking

4. nivsrini

nivsrini Silver IL'ite

good going and mild romantic story.

5. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Good going..

6. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

[h=1]Part 6[/h]
    I was up early with the first sun ray. Lying down in bed I was viewing the fan and was thinking about Ravi when my mom came to wake me up for office.

Good morning mom.

Good morning Neelu. Get up now.

“I am awake.” I said with sleepy eyes.

Neelu is it possible for you to take leave for today?

What happened? Are you not feeling well? Shall I take you to a doctor? I was now wide awake and was sitting in the middle of the bed and viewing her.

No. I am perfectly healthy. Some guests are coming home in the evening. I thought if you will take leave and have some rest then you will look fresh.

I am not a fruit to look fresh for the sake of some viewers.

Offffooo… can’t you be a little bit serious. Always making fun of things.

Come on mom…. Don’t you like my smile?

I do my dear. But please start taking things seriously.

Alright alright. I will be serious from now on. Ok? By the way, who are these guests?

I don’t know much. Your father received a phone call in the morning regarding a marriage proposal for you from a family. They are coming here to fix the marriage date.

Fix the marriage date? Without seeing me or talking to me? Don’t I need to see the boy and what if I don’t like him?

All the family members including the groom saw you somewhere and decided then and there itself that you would be the perfect match for their son. So, they said that it is just a formality that the boy and girl see each other once.

Didn’t dad object to this?

I don’t know all that. He had a very long conversation with them and when the conversation is completed he was very happy. Now call your manager and ask him if you can get leave for today.

No way mom. I am not going to waste my leave for some stranger. Let them wait if they are really interested in me.

Neelu, enough. If you want to go to office go. But be home by 5. Don’t you start arguing with me. It’s an order from your dad.

Alright mom. But I don’t like this even a bit. Can’t you tell me the name of the boy?

I don’t know. Ask your dad. It is a surprise it seems. “Come on now. Get ready fast or else you will be late for the office.” Saying this she left the room.

I was furious. Who the hell are they to come to my home like this? How can I marry someone else when I love Ravi? I… I am in love with Ravi. When did this happen? Oh dear! I am in big trouble. I can’t say this to my parents as I don’t know if Ravi feels the same about me or not. How to stop these strangers from coming to my house? I better plan something before it’s too late. GOD!... I will surely go mad if I don’t find a way to escape.

I can’t sit here like this all day. I better go to office. I got ready in no time. All the way to my office I was thinking about how to stop these people. I was in a really bad mood by the time I reached office. I went straight to my seat and started working. I didn’t talk, didn’t eat the whole day. It is almost 3.30 I am unable to think of a plan to get rid of these people. I was vexed. Just then Ravi came near me and asked me if I was ok. I gave him a ‘go away’ look. He told me that I have made so many mistakes in the program and started showing me. My God! Really there were so many mistakes in the work I have been doing from morning. Till date I never made a single one and today these many!

Uhhhh. I have to find a way. Wait a minute. Ravi was acting all normal, as if nothing happened between us. Doesn’t he love me? Looking at him I realized that the kiss meant nothing to him. My heart was shattered to pieces. I felt like all the blood was drained from my body. With a heavy heart I stood up and started walking towards the manager's room. Ravi was still pointing out my mistakes. He was shocked by this. I don’t care. I can’t concentrate anymore. I knocked on the manager’s door went in and asked for permission. As this is the first time I was asking permission to go home early he didn’t object. I went back to my table took my purse and vehicle keys and started towards the lift. Ravi was calling me from behind. I don’t want to face him. He doesn’t care. He was just flirting like others. Just went a step ahead and kissed me. That’s all. How can I be so stupid to misunderstand such a thing for love?

I entered the lift without turning back. I went straight to the place where my vehicle was parked and started it without noticing that Ravi was coming towards me. He stood in my way and asked me in a worried tone where I was going. I told him that I have got some work at home.

Why do you look so upset?

It’s none of your business.

Why are you so angry with me?

No. I am not…. angry with you. Goodbye sir.

I didn’t hear another word he said. I was angry with myself. How stupid I was. Stupid. I was driving vehicle at 55 kmph speed. I didn’t realize it at first. But when a lorry came infront of me out of nowhere and I tried to apply break, it was then that I noticed how speed I was driving in my frustration. The brake failed and the lorry hit my vehicle. I was lying in a pool of blood. The last thing I remember is Ravi’s face. He was pale and was calling my name. "where did he come from? I must be dreaming." i thought.

6 people like this.
  7. itzmelvk

itzmelvk Silver IL'ite

good to see updates from you enjoyed reading

8. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Story is going very good!

9. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

story is going good,,,, but u r posting only one try to post more

10. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

good going till now...its getting interesting.!!!