1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The frustration of Being Copied!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by catchaparna, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

I know how you feel. I also have a SIL who does the same. I had posted somthing similar few years ago. Now, i have outgrown . I just don't bother. She still buys the same stuff for her DD what i buy for my DD. I have learnt to overlook.

1 person likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@catchaparna why do you get frustrated for such things .As one of our friend said where did you get the style of today ?we do get from some celebrities or from our friends.Don't go on finding answers for some petty activities in psychology forums.

sindmani and pinky21 like this.
  3. Gauthu

Gauthu Bronze IL'ite

Millions of people copy and learn to imitate from celebrity or try to get inspired by famous personalities and try to be and follow in their daily routines. Think that your co sister is one of those million people who is trying to imitate like you.
    Dresses or any jewellery or your recipes whatever may it be, its not only your co sister there are many. Next time , before she tries to copy your... just get her another one like yours and say her ... few lines instead you struggling to get , i brought one for you :) i appreciate that you like my selection.

2 people like this.
  4. pinky21

pinky21 Gold IL'ite

@catchaparna - though I can understand how annoying it is for you, some people are like that. you can never ever change their attitude. y giving it a try and wasting ur time, energy and mental peace. I would rather ask you to avoid these stuffs.

come on yar you have become a trend setter to your sister in law. may be some body copies from her and so she does it from you..you have loads of things to enjoy in life.

as u have mentioned ur H considers her and her husband as God speaking about in the family would obviously cause a rift. ignore her.

ur are unique in with ur attitude and character and that is only going to speak about you. ur clothings, hair do, places you visit are all just external stuffs. Am sure ur sil can never get ur attitude and character. so just ignore on what she copies. live your life for you. hope all gets well.

1 person likes this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

I have known from my past experience that women who always complain of others 'copying' them are the ones with a superiority complex and those who like to put down others.

Such girls/women have a very high opinion of themselves, consider themselves to be the most beautiful and are always finding faults in other women in order to satisfy their own superior beliefs about themselves.

Why otherwise will one take notice of such a thing and conclude that others are 'copying' them?

You too are not original. You too are inspired by someone or the other in your life.

sindmani and vjbunny like this.
  6. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

superiority / inferiority complexes, we have also copied from someone else.... etc etc are all ok... but if someone is purposely repeating everything then it definitely is annoying..if you are well matured to ignore it, good but if you really want to have your ego satisfied, then do the following.

what kind of hair do you have? long, short, curls, straight, loose, wavy? What is it that you think would look bizarre on her? streak? permed hair?

If both of you have long hair, you get a medium sized wig and flaunt it. Do not reveal to anyone that you are wearing one.

If you have medium length hair, get a permed/bob length wig and repeat the above said statement.

If you have straight hair, sport a permed bob.

Get an artificial tattoo on your back or wrists and flaunt as if it were a real one. Give her the address of a real tattoo artist.

What lip shade looks awkward on her? Try that out in her presence. Do it purposely. She would try it too.

Wear the shade of dress/saree which would look totally ugly on her. But, you wear it and only in her presence. Wear totally unmatched things like saree petticoat/saree/blouse and blew it up. But feel proud that you are wearing such a fashionable thing and flaunt as if it suits you a lot and be proud of it.

yo know her better. You know what she doesn't like and you can easily make out what would not suit her. More even,

Do something to your hair that would be totally irreversible on her, if at all she copies. Perming, hair cut into bob length are not easy to grow back to normal.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

i pity your co -sis.. do u have any patent rights on the jackets that u wore .. thousands of people buying same brand as urs so u call all of them copying ..?

do u own the hotel where ur co sis holiday .. same view room hundreds of people stay can u go n stop them ..

hair style .. did u invent that hair style .. looks crazy u said ur hair style copied ..

n ur digging psychology forums to know her psychology behind what she wear she stay n all common u got mad looks like ..how did u get her info..

did she sent her pics to u personally or intentionally or ur digging or spying on her profiles ..

i think ur jealous of ur co sis since ur husband treats them as gods .. dont show the hatred that u have on ur personal life on someone else who has nothing to do with u..

i read many posts people thinks themselves as most beautiful n gets jealous of others due to superiority..

finally uniqueness wont come from what u wear should come from the attitude n behavior..

4 people like this.
  8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with op here and can totally relate to what she is saying. I have a close family member who does the same. No one is unique. We all copy styles from somewhere. But when a person copies everything about you and that person is a close friend or family member it becomes uncomfortable. By the way I am not some glamorous beauty queen. Pretty average looking but somehow this family member copies everything. In many ways she tries to do it better. Even touristy destinations like op mentioned.

NOthing much you can do about it. Stop sharing stuff with her. Even I am at a loss as my problem family member has also sabotaged my relations with other family members. So just stay away from her and don't discuss much about your life with her and her husband.

1 person likes this.
  9. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hello OP
    Jas has given sensible advice pls wake up before ur insecurities ruin your family life...
    Be proud that ur co sis likes ur style if at all she copied help her with style tips and you will get noticed by both bIL n ur co sis this will definitely raise u in ur DHs esteem just dressing up doesnt make one unique uniqueness comes from how flawless u handle relations

10. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

as u said if a person is close friend wearing same thing shouldn't hurt u .. If it's hurting then u r not treating them as close friend .. On the one hand ur saying close friend n family members other hand saying copying .. Is it not double standerd ..

We all studied in schools where we wear uniforms .. What is it called uniqueness or one copying other .. Does any one of ur classmates told ur copying mine ..

here ops frustration is not about co sis daily routine .. Her post says her husband treats co sis bil as Gods ( it's her main issue ) which she couldn't stop r fix .. So ultimately her anger n concentration turned towards co sis .. Simple fact jealousy ..