1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with a husband who always misinterprets / misunderstands

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by catchaparna, Aug 4, 2015.

1. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

Hi, my husband is very aggressive physically and mentally. He jumps to conclusions and ever ready to defend himself. For instance, my dad never invited him to our daughters birthday, instead my dad meant "solve your problems later after you celebrate her birthday" ( we already were fighting over some issues). Now, he comes back saying " who is your dad to invite me to my daughters birthday, decide the venue and all". It is so ridiculuous that he is drawing such conclusions from simple conversations.

He drills the past incidents - each and every and wants me to justify why I did this and that. You said so and so day that, why did you? And when I start reasoning out ( which I already hate to ...justifying) , he is not ready to listen and cross talks or jokes about the reason.

Weird psychopath ???!!!

2. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Try to avoid such situations where he will behave out of control...

It is quite common, till you both understand each other.... Majority of the son in laws have issue with the girls father..... If he says so, tell him, " My father just said casually and dont take it serious"...

And dont fight in front of others, especially in front of ur family members.... I had come thru the same situation...

Whereever, he blames you and that leads for a fight, cut the talk.... dont give back...

He will slowly change....

3. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Just to clarify....What do you mean by aggressive physically? Does he beat you?

4. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

Why will I Say my father said casually when he never said/ meant that. the problem is he takes a topic and twists and turns and talks to his advantage or pulls out a different meaning to the whole context. I tried to stay calm and not respond many times ( I am usually a person who does not prefer to talk much, just a straight or simple answer type). He has a problem even if I do not talk, says I am wrong and guilty that is why I stay clam. God Help with this.

5. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

He he did try couple of times but I did not let him. But he did once.