1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Got Divorce notice... What should I do next.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by hopefullylucky, Jul 25, 2015.

1. hopefullylucky

hopefullylucky Junior IL'ite

@soch what u said is right. But still, at this point he must have become extra cautious and not to do anything which will become a proof. Maybe he'll not meet her personally. Moreover, the husband of the girl is a spineless creature. That girl used to say a lot of things in front of him, which he never used to oppose. For e,g. Once the girl said in front of her husband that she wants her husband to do anything,just that he should not bring AIDS.
    Maybe they will meet when the husband is also there.

2. We will try to be careful for the lawyer, but still its not in our hands. He definitely has a lot of money to bribe.

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Just get a good lawyer. I am surprised why your parents doesn't want you to have divorce. Be strong. It is not worth staying with such a person. Try to get as much as you can with respect to alimony but not drag the case too much. Just get over it and move on.

God Bless you dear.

1 person likes this.
  3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

OP,

After seeing your replies, I feel that since you are emotional about this and unable to think clearly and also doesnt look like you are getting much advice or guidance from your folks. It sounds like you are out of your depth. I feel maybe it is better you also take the help of some women's cell in addition to proceeding legally. Some woman's rights group or organization who can inform you bout what are your rights and guide you properly in this stage about what all you can do to get the proofs etc. I am sorry if this sounds harsh but the ugly fact is that if you dont have proof of his affair then for the law it didnt happen. In these 3 months he may have taken precautions to wipe out the traces also. but since your suicide attempt is documented by hospital visit etc, he may paint you as some psycho and try to turn things in his favor. It is better you try to get all the help you need.

3 people like this.
  4. hopefullylucky

I along with my parents went to my matrimonial house and found it locked. We went to my husband's office and found out that he is working from home and not coming to office for two three days. We got a copy of the notice from family court, he had made allegations of cruelty against him with baseless remarks. Had even given silly points for e.g. he offered crackers to my brothers when they visited during Diwali n bhaidooj and we enjoyed bursting them. This was cruelty to him.
    Anyways, we went to women cell and a women ngo as well. Though everyone suggested that it is my right to live in that house and I can make a duplicate key and enter the house. But noone gave any legal authority to do it. As my husband has come down to this that he will calculate the cost of crackers, then he can even put allegations of theft as well. So we didn't took any risk and stayed at my friends place that night. Now my parents have also understood that he doesn't has a good character and surely doesn't deserves us. So, we would be proceeding with divorce now. Have given an application under women's cell. They will call him and ask him about his behaviour and later will provide us the order to file a case under 498a. We've also hired a lawyer to be present in the court for the petition file by him.
    Are we going in the right direction?

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP...has there been harassment for dowry from him or his family?
    Why are you thinking of using this law ?
    It is a case of adultery and should be dealt under that law.
    Or else go for a divorce by mutual consent .
    Please don't be one of those horrible women who misuse the law meant for dowry victims.
    You are a victim of adultery and you should file divorce under that law.

Just for information,it is not so simple now. If found to be false,he can take you to court too.

2 people like this.
  6. hopefullylucky

Yes.. Harassment by inlaws for dowry was there. And my parents kept on fulfilling their desires as well.