Intrested to learn the bengali lifestyle and culture

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by Dipik, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Dipik

Dipik New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I am new to many things right now. I am born and bought up in bangalore but i married a bengali recently and I really wanted to inhibit thier way of lifestyle and culture.

Currently am in USA which is making me more tough to know about Bengal and their core values.

I would be very grateful if i can make some bengali friends here:)

ty,
    Dipik

2. bhorerpakhi

bhorerpakhi New IL'ite

Hi Dipik,

Welcome to Bengali community.... :)

Nice to know that you want to know about our culture. I am Debashree born and currently staying in Kolkata (though stayed in Bangalore, US and Canada for 8+ yrs).

Bengalis are very cultural. Most of the ladies are accomplished with singing, dancing, painting, cooking etc. apart from education. Food, Football and Music are integral part of our culture.Nobody can cook fish better than us (I mean so many varieties). We love sarees.. and do lots of shopping. Bengalis love to travel a lot. We are generally inquisitive about other cultures and open heartedly accept differences. Bengali literature is very rich and almost 250+ yrs old. And we are very proud of that.

I think this is enough for the 1st post. Let me know about you too. You are from which part of India?

Regards,

3. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@bhorerpakhi

Loved your words.

I am keen to know about Bengalis right from young age. Many great personalities ( my favorites ) are from Bengal like Swami Vivekananda ji, Ramakrishna Paramahansa ji, Swami Yoganada ji and Ravindranath Tagore Ji ... many more

Looking for more inputs from our friends...

4. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi i am also very much interested to know about bengalis festivals,marriage rituals,how do the bride dreeses in their marriage and ofcourse receipes but vegetarian.i am the die hard fan of bengali sweets .debashree can u share about all these things?

5. Dipik

Dipik New IL'ite

Hello Pakhi,

I am from Bangalore though my ancestral origin belongs to Andhra Pradesh. I am really glad to see your reply and thanks for the info esp - "lots of shopping" :). Generally my hubby had lot of complaints on my shopping and comments me saying bengali girls are not so shopaholic ;) .

Please send me a text to my mail dipikarao890@gmail.com so that we can share our free time.

Thanks,
    Dipik