1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

time spent wid hubby

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dimple7, Jul 23, 2015.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Have patience.I can say we spend a lot of time but Remember I have been married for 20 years.

He is different from you.My husband is not very social so he spends a lot of time with me ...but remember that also comes at a price. I spend time with him by cutting on my socializing. I was a very social person before marriage and liked going out with friends.I come from a very social family and was used to a more fun life. But slowly I had to cut down on it as I wanted to spend time with him . Believe me when I say...some times you do want to do things apart from each other.My husband even wants me to go with him to fill petrol or pick up daughter from the metro station .

Try to have a balance. Make friends around your place and have a social life of your own too. Go out with friends too . Once he sees that,he may want to join you.

But do remember that sometimes people are just different,but that does not mean they don't love you or care for you. If you don't do things together,it is okay even if you do things around each other.

2. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

Hi..We have been married for 5 years. Eventhough I knew he loves spending time with tv/net, it took 4 years for me to adjust/digest with it. My eyes get blurred if I spend too much time watching these screens...but I neglected that and gave him company not much talking until I gave birth . After my son, he spet time on searching things to buy for kids like cots, push chair, and for new mum. Eventhough he did 12 hour shifts for 3 years he found time to spend like this. Since I am not a controlling wife, I would ask him to take enough sleep but he wont listen. Now I dont ask , just pretend I didnt see that.
    My DH is a very nice soft person. He loves me n my son. But dont spend quality time with my son. We are in UK, without our family or friends. So I just need him and of course his time without these gadgets.
    I got a good quality time with my father, and the same I want for my son. But my DH wakes up at 9 am and leave home at 10.30. Eventhough my son want him to play, he dont care. When my DH reach home at 8.30, my son would have slept. I am ok with this now, but when I think about my son, I feel so sad.

1 person likes this.
  3. helpmeplz

helpmeplz Junior IL'ite

my husbands is busy for 12 to 14hrs a day and also works 2 weekends in month , once he is home ,
    He does 30 to 45 min of bicycle ride after he comes home and take our daughter along with him and once he takes bath and gets ready
    he opens his laptop and reads news especially telugu news , switches on TV , but my daughter takes the TV remote for rhymes so he just watches Internet
    once done we watch a movie or TV show for an hrs and than get back to sleep , he sleeps 5 to 6 hrs a day
    Fight atleast once a week for 2 days and rest of the days no fights

During his day off he sleep for 10 to 14hrs after he wakes up he is mostly on internet but keeps talking to me once in a while and in between plays with our daughter , he takes my daughter for cycle ride which he loves a lot ,

If i shout and fight than he will get off the internet and talks to me that too only for an hour or so and than back to his laptop

i don't know what he does with internet the whole day ,
    he read about unneccesarry subject for Eg if he watches a movie he reads all the news about the movie
    or if he reads about a news for eg some where in middle east , he tries to read about all the stuff from their history and why there is this current news

1 person likes this.
  4. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

@dimple7 i must say thta whatever yellowmango has suggest is true.
    you have to keep patience. and that doesnt mean that you give up all the try and efforts. for arrange marriage sometimes it takes time to adjust..whatever may be the reason but it takes time for both of you to understand each other. he must b having different story for you. hence jsut keep calm and understand him first rather then expecting him to understand you.
    i m sure with time your love for each other will increase. just a word of caution...dont every try to nag for whatever may b the reason.
    might be he must have predicted something about you which may not b true..so give him time aswell to come out of that and i really look forward you both may lead a very happy and loving life....all the best dear

ya forgot to mention...these TV serials and movie has shown and have grown all the expectations of newly married couple life..in reality nothing like that ever happen (as per my opinion). newly weds feel like life after marriage is just hugging n kissing and what not. but i must say as years go then only these stuff increase as your love witheach other grows more....console1

1 person likes this.
  5. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

Dimple, like YM and others suggested, have patience. When you start getting impatient you may end up nagging and that normally irritates men. Since you get TV time together, make the best use of it. Prepare snacks of his choice, bring them to TV room while you watch, keep chatting about your day (even if he may not respond in the beginning), cook something he loves to eat and involve him in it too, etc. My husband of 13 years had been a very silent person with few friends when we were newly married, buit slowly changed and we enjoyed spending time together, I remember even playing board/ card games together while watching movies during weekend nights, giving him good massage while he watched his favorite show, cooking good snacks that he enjoyed, leaning on to him/ lying on his lap while I read something that interests me and he watches sports etc. Keep changing strategies, but do not overdo any. Good luck!

2 people like this.
  6. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

thank you all..............