Some Special Temples

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by malspie, Jul 18, 2007.

1. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

Twenty four Tirthankars are born in each half cycle of time (that is forty eight in each full cycle), in this part of the universe. In the current (descending) half cycle of time, the first Tirthankar Rishabh Dev[citation needed], lived billions of years ago and attained liberation ('moksh' or 'nirvan') towards the end of the third era. The 24th and last Tirthankar was Mahavir Swami (599-527 BC), whose existence is a historically accepted fact. Digambaras believe that all twenty four Tirthankars were men but Svetambaras believe that the 19th Tirthankar, Mallinath, was a woman.

2. usha18

usha18 New IL'ite

Re: Devipattinam puniya shetram

hi

hi am new to this post and was pleased to know about navagrahas at devipattanam ,,,am suffering from some disease which no docs are unable to confirm and some advised to do shani and some other pujas .am from hyderabad and will this benefit me if i go and perform puja at rameshwaram,,,and how to get to know about any spel pujas there...plsss
    regards
    usha

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Re: Devipattinam puniya shetram

Dear Usha18 Sister,

:welcome to IL family, Here is the link about Devipattinam Navagrahas Worshipped by Lord Rama himself, there are no special pujas there, Please help yourself in the following link at #8 of this thread:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/travel/178170-is-compulsory-bath-rameshwaram-sea.html

Alternatively if you are a believer of GURU, Shirdi SaiBaba's Udhi can cure any ailment, anything impossible also can be cured, read the following link:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...people/192300-greatness-udi-baba-s-sport.html

Thanks, Sairam

4. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,
    Reg ur query about Navgraga temples,it is left to ur choice to visit Kumbakonam or follow sister Nivedi's suggestion.The Navagraga Temples in & around Kumbakonam are very powerful holy places & attract so many religious people either for worship or for Pariharams.
    If u give me ur personal details not in this open forum but thro the this group coordinator or something like that,i can help u even in arranging for a proper vehicle from Chennai.Our family members i.e. ladies if need to go alone to anywhere in & around Chennai, take only his cab.pl dont give any personal details in this open forum.The coordinator may be knowing my mail id & may help u .i am not sure of the procedures.Otherwise i will simply give some contact numbers of such persons/travels. U can contact & arrange for the tour.They will pick up ur family right from the Airport or Railway Jn.Hope u plan to travel with ur family.
    The details are already given.Going by flight will not be of much help.ur time constraint i dont know.If u take a cab on the way itself u can cover some important temples (not widely known to public ).As these places belong to Chola Dynasty there are so many temples.u can select a few along with Navagraha temples based on ur budget,time,health,aged people accompanying with u etc.
    U mean the Prathiyangara Kali temple famous for removing evil eye,the offering is only red chillies.In Kumbakonam itself Kailasanathar (kasiviswanathar) temple is there.on the way to navagraga temples also there are so many Sivan temples.Near Tanjore in Thiruvaiyar there is one temple i.e.Aatkondeswarar) where Gunguliam is offered in the fire ever burning nearby.Famous for sanctioning the prayers of devotees.It is on the side of Lord Shiva temple.Opposite to it is one famous small hotel where the pasiparuppu alwa is very famous.Kumbakonam itself is famous for beetle leaves,cheeval & one famous sweet.In Tanjore Lord Pragadeeswarar temple built by famous Chola King RajaRajan (hero of the novel Ponniyin Selvan written by Kalki).all these visits require time only .Even money is not much a problem if planned properly & getting started early morning as most of them close by 11 to 12 7 open in evening only.Wish u a comfortable , God blessed journey!
    If u require further details pl

5. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Re: Navagraha temple in Tamil Nadu

If u want to visit many temples it is better to stay in Kumbakonam.Thirunallar is a little far off i.e.near Karaikal. U have to take a cab with interstate permit.When we went sometime back we left our car in Peralam & took another vehicle.There are so many temples in & around Kumbakonam & Tanjore.Pl plan properly reg time & enjoy ur journey as u will be spending a lot in coming to Chennai itself.

6. rose12

rose12 New IL'ite

Re: Temples for special prayers

Any specific temple for speech?If anyone has some information pls share

7. sathean

sathean New IL'ite

Re: Temples for special prayers

Hi,
    in the kapalaeswaran temple in mylapore there is an idol of a saint called vayilathavar. I'm not sure if I got the saints name rite.. It is near the murugan temple. The temple staff should be able to help u.

thx

8. rose12

rose12 New IL'ite

Thanks sathean .