Need suggestions for doing business in australia

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by rekakishu, Jun 29, 2015.

1. rekakishu

rekakishu Junior IL'ite

Hi beautiful ladies . I am planning to start a business in australia. To be frank its kind of risk. Planning for a saree business not aware how far people will get it.

Because here people were occasionally and also the other issue is blouse. So planning for small scale with lower budget initially.

I am also planning to sell few kurtas and tops because they use more here than sarees.

So please throw your inputs what could be the best to start.

All your inputs are really appreciated.

Thanks
    Reka

2. live4today

live4today New IL'ite

hi I dont live in Australia so I can't comment on the market and whether it will be successful, however i have visited australia and I didnt see many people wearing ethnic wear- this could be because of lack of availibility or could be that jeans and top is easier to wear but I think you will definitely be tapping into a niche. I didnt see many saree or indian wear shops either. I went to Sydney and Cairns so not sure about Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or other parts. Which part of Australia will you be starting?

I wish you all the success - go for it is what I say! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. rekakishu

rekakishu Junior IL'ite

thank you for your kind reply i stay n brisbane..i am still thinking the best way to do it :)

4. rshan

rshan New IL'ite

You should try for ready made blouses that go with the sarees. It should work out well for you. Start small and build big. All the very best.

1 person likes this.
  5. rekakishu

rekakishu Junior IL'ite

yeah that's an good idea..i should check where can i get the readymade blouses for whole sale..tk u for the idea..initially i had this idea but later thought of sizes...and all other stuff...but i shud bring them too

6. navathaj23

navathaj23 New IL'ite

My simple advice go for getting semi stiched blouses and learning stiching and based on the measuremnets you can make alteration....
    once stiched blouse cant be alterd well....
    some people will be lean but the breast size will be big... and vicecersa also...
    for sarees if blouse fits well it looks awesome... else the person who wears also cont be so confident that full day....