1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Gifted Child

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by IamLucky, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

-- duplicate --

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iamlucky,

I am giving you a website that promotes the development of gifted children. The teacher in CBSE program where the child was given free education until Grade 12 can probably be the one who can recommend the child for this program.

PRODIGY : Home

I hope you find this helpfu,

Viswa

3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

You can talk to a child psychologist (kanchi kamakoti child trust hospital has some good psychologists at not too expensive range)
    They can evaluate and find exactly what gifts this child has.
    He can continue with the school !!! If it is only good memory and reproduction abilities, he is very lucky to get the scholarship :) ..
    If he is a genius in the making, the psychologists would suggest the way forward!
    Showing off in the media or even within family circles only brings complacence and hype. No long term benefits for the child!

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

For once I didn't have to use a dictionary Aria... surprise surprise !!!

2 people like this.
  5. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

Thanks Periamma. I will see to it and take up your advice on the same.

6. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Sharma. Yea as you said Good education is the best gift one can get.
    He is just 3.5 yrs old. The parent asked help to improve his son's ability by providing some extra attention on the kid, since he is uneducated and he is feeling he should not spoil his kid's future just because he is born to him.
    That he is feeling he will get through media exposure. I also accept that it has negative effect on the child. Thanks for making me understand.

sindmani likes this.
  7. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

None of the intentions you have mentioned. If people came to know about his ability, he will get proper training and he can develop his already great potentials. There are lot of charities for these kind of great buds.
    We may not be knowing or he may be losing an opportunity he deserve to be in a better hands.
    As a parent i didnt find any bad intention in that father's eyes.

sindmani likes this.
  8. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

I can understand the fact you are telling jayasala. Even the father knows this fact, he told until 5 years only kids will have tremendous memory power and after that there are chances for him to be a average student also. But what if he is an extra ordinary student and if he failed to give that care and manure to his son.
    Seriously i didn't find any intention for monitory benefit in that man. He didn't want his son to perform actions and earn. I believe the fact that not everyone are same ans till there are people who mean their child's future more than money.
    Yea, may be his idea may be wrong but not his intentions.
    Thanks a lot for stopping here and giving your valuable suggestions.

9. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

This is what i want and i posted to get ideas like this. Thanks a lot curiousgals78.
    I am sure to convey this to that father. May be they will guide them in right path.

10. IamLucky

IamLucky Gold IL'ite

Thanks you so much Aria. Your feedback is valuable. I understand the fact your are telling. Will try to make that person understand.