1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

one step closer

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by niranjanacool37, Jul 1, 2015.

1. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

uff attitude....thinkingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  2. niranjanacool37

niranjanacool37 Silver IL'ite

ONE STEP CLOSER
    C
    hapter 5

“Hey Raghav what are you doing here?” Tej pushed the door open and immediately asked him, his look said he sure didn’t expect him here now.

“Just dropped in and found this thing… I mean her.” Replied Raghav to his brother and earned a burning angry look from Mythili.

But soon she shot him a ‘I- WON.. SEE- I- FOUND’ type look and he shook his head and shoulder as if to say her that it wasn’t any great stuff.

She was quiet surprised hearing his name. She laughed to herself thinking how she thought she shouldn’t care about some Raghav when the Greek- god was there with her. But at last the soul with her was none other than the same Raghav whom aunty was calling.

“ohh is everything fine between you both.” Asked Tej in a worried voice. And Vidhya’s face exactly depicted the same. She didn’t want her sister who was basically bold and short tempered unlike her to get bad name in front of her future in- laws house. Raghav replied immediately before Mythili could say something “nothing like that bro. won’t you introduce me to your fiancée?”

A smile in the lips and a satisfaction in eyes crept between the future couple.

The only one who was pissed off coz of his action was Mythili. She didn’t like the way how he replied without giving her any space to speak. She didn’t like the fact that he made her shut her mouth when she has only experienced people standing blank and accepting their defeat after unable to compete with her in speaking. This was something new to her and obviously in no way it was pleasant to her.

“Obviously.” Tej said and turned to Vidhya and introduced Raghav and Vidhya.

He then turned to Mythili and said to Raghav “by now you might have known who she is.”

Mythili replied fast before Raghav could speak something “yeah yeahh Tej. He knows about me very well, my history is in his fingertips.” In order to speak before him Mythili ended up in speaking something stupid. And this was like a
    sweet to Raghav’s mouth.

“Yeah Tej I know very well about her. For instance, Banana is her favorite fruit.”

“Really Mythi? You never said me.” Enquired Vidhya to Mythili in a confused tone.

“Vidhu we’ll leave now we have to go to the hotel before our parents come there.” Said Mythili not wanting to stand here and speak with Raghav.

“Why haven’t you said them that you are in here? Invitation was sent to your family too. And your family is the main participant of this party.” asked Raghav to Mythili.

Vidhya replied “No Raghav it’s not like that. My parents had to attend an important reception and they even informed your parents about it. They’ll come here only at 9:00 and they want us to attend with them. But since Tej wanted to meet me before itself so we lied to our parents that we are going to our friend’s house and came here. We have to be there before 8:00. I don’t wish our elders to know about this.”

“It’s already 7:30 Anni. You can’t reach the hotel before 8:30. Better you call your parents and say them that you both will reach here directly.” Said Raghav to his brother’s fiancée.

“Vidhu i feel Raghav is right. You just say to them and let’s see whether they are agreeing to this.” said Tej.

“Vidhu I’ll speak to appa.” Mythili said and ringed to her father.

“hello appa,”

“Solluma when are you both coming?”

“Now only we got into taxi pa .. There’s so much traffic here. Tej’s house is very near from here. It’s already late and it’ll be better if we come to Tej’s house directly. There will be no waste of time. What do you think pa?”

“ok da. You both come to Tej’s house directly. We are in the mandapam. It’ll take some more time I guess. I’ll come to Tej’s house directly with your mother after the function gets over. Wait your mother wants to say something.” He said and handed over the mobile to his wife.

“mythi kanna, behave well in front of Vidhu’s in- laws da. Don’t show your monkey behavior there.”

“Amma!” screeched Mythili in an irritated moreover embarrassed tone.

“I know about vidhu. She’ll manage but I’m concerned about you only. Behave well.”

“ponga ma I’ll speak with you later.” She cut the phone and everyone in the room other than her laughed at her.

Mythili stared at Raghav in anger and he was holding his stomach and laughing.

Then Tej said “let’s go down. Mother will be waiting for us.”

As Mythili took a step forward to follow Vidhya down Raghav came near her and whispered a question in her ears “so your mother knows the truth?”

“What truth?” she asked him back.

“Truth that you are a monkey.” He said and ran from her before she could blast something on him.

“huhh” Mythili screeched in an irritated tone and stomped her foot on the floor.

They got down and pretended in front of Tej’s parents that they are coming now only.

As Mythili got few minutes to talk Vidhya privately she asked her “what’s this party for?” she didn’t like the way how Raghav was treated and how the girls surrounded him.

“It’s for Raghav’s home coming. It’s been quiet years since he has gone to Delhi for his studies. Tej’s parents wanted to introduce him to these people. He’ll be taking this business in quiet few years and getting him introduced is very important.”

“whatever.” Mythili said and soon she felt alone as Tej pulled Vidhya to introduce her to someone.

She prayed her parents to come soon.

She turned back and slightly dashed someone and she mumbled a sorry.

“I guess I have to get used to this.” Raghav said.

“Used to?” Mythili asked back.

“To get used to your sorry, you might use it frequently as you always end up doing something wrong to me.”

“You know what you really shouldn’t get used to this. I use sorry only when I really feel so. But when it comes to you I never feel sorry. Had it not been your party I might not be smiling like this" she replied back.

“See that’s the matter, you quiet embarrassed me by asking my name when you had actually come to my party. That’s really not a good one.”

Mythili felt something and she mumbled another sorry. Raghav laughed at her expression.

She turned her head to see outside and saw her parents coming she immediately ran to them to escape from Raghav.

Venkat and Anuradha that’s Vidhya’s parents were greeted in by Tej’s parents Rajendran and Sarojini.

Vidhya’s parents had a very good time with Vidhya’s future in-laws house. They really liked their son in – laws family, especially Raghav who spoke well. But Mythili didn’t feel like joining in their conversation. She didn’t like Raghav taking the full attention.

Soon after the dinner was over they were bid bye with few gifts from Tej’s family side, and they left to their hotel room.

Vidhya and Mythili shared one room and the other room was taken by their parents.

As Mythili dropped on the bed tiredly she heard and knocking sound. She signaled Vidhya to open the door. It was their mother who asked Mythili to change the dress and get into casuals.

Soon lazily Mythi got up from her bed and changed her dress. She thought to herself ‘next time whenever I go out some where I’ll better wear a casual dress. Then only I can slip into bed as soon as I come home.’

“Mythi” vidhu whispered slowly in her ears as they were lying on their bed

“hmm..” Mythili replied sleepily.

“Have you slept?” Vidhya asked her.

“That doesn’t matter now as you have waked me up now.” she said to her sister.

“I really had a good time today. Thanks for helping me getting inside Tej’s house. You know today is exactly the 3rd year since we met. Last year he proposed me on the same date. So this date is very special for us.” Vidhya shared her feelings to her sister.

“ohoo so that’s why he wanted to meet you early today?” Mythili asked her.

“Yes, he actually gifted me something.”

“What? Where?” Mythili asked Vidhya and sprang up immediately from her bed and switched on the light.

Vidhya took her purse which was lying on the bed side and showed Mythili the platinum bracelet which Tej presented her.

“Wow! Super vidhu.” Mythili said and she felt happy for her sister.

Vidhya then said “I like their whole family. They were really kind to us today.”

Mythili nodded her head as a sign of agreement. Vidhya continued “you know I was very afraid how Raghav will be.

‘I never thought about that.’

“Thank god he’s really a sweet one.”

‘Sweet one? Huh? You don’t know fully about him vidhu.’ Thought Mythi to herself.

“He spoke really well and he doesn’t speak solely, Instead he makes everyone speak.”

‘He’s really a big mouth. I hate him for the very reason which you said.’

“I’m glad he liked me as his future anni.”

‘But you don’t know that he doesn’t like me.’

“I can imagine him as my good brother. Since we don’t have one he’ll fill up that place.” Vidhya said.

“what?” Mythili screeched. Vidhya looked at her suspiciously. “I mean vidhu he might speak well. But he’s not that good brother type character, he’ll not suit for that.”

Vidhya started to say something to deny Mythili, but she showed her hand and stopped her. “vidhu I’m so tired. Tomorrow we have to go out too, so sleep now.” Vidhya nodded and pulled over her blanket and started sleeping.
    Mythili switched off the light and thought to herself ‘brother? Huh? No chance.’

thanks for reading my work.. lately i have been quite caught up with my work so srry for irregular posts..

5 people like this.
  3. niranjanacool37

4. Soch

Soch Silver IL'ite

@ niranjanacool37, Nice Episode.

But you have posed it twice. if possible delete one.

1 person likes this.
  5. niranjanacool37

yep tht was a mistake.. couldnt delete so edited it

1 person likes this.
  6. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Superb Episode dear :)

1 person likes this.
  7. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

very nice chapter
    hugsmiley
    It would have been a disaster if she accepted him as her brother right? :rotfl

2 people like this.
  8. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

good one niranjana....
    lol vidhya trying to make him brother.....hope they dont end up as siblings gigglingsmiley

1 person likes this.
  9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Niranjan

Beautiful story. That was a nice fight between Raghav and Mythili:)

1 person likes this.
  10. niranjanacool37

This one is specially dedicated to ADITI aka @adisum.. srry dear i wasn't able to wish you before.. Belated Happy Birthday <3

Chapter 6

“Just 2 days! Can you believe it Mythi?” Vidhya asked her sister the twentieth time that morning.

Mythi stopped applying her mascara and turned to her sister who was super excited “yeah I know vidhu, today is May 18[SUP]th[/SUP] and you have your engagement on May 20[SUP]th[/SUP]. This is just an official engagement. If you can’t keep your legs down for this I’m wondering how you’ll fly 2 days before your marriage.”

Vidhya’s cheek turned crimson red. “But let me remind you, you have a month plus for that.”

Vidhya and Tej exchanged rings a month back. They just wanted to make an official engagement so that they can invite their friends and especially Rajendran’s business circle people.

They belonged to middle class family unlike Tej’s family. Tej’s grandfather started this business which dealt with textile. They have two big dress showrooms in the hotspot of Chennai and one jwelery shop too. Rajendran and Tej are taking care of the business now.

Tej and Vidhya studied in the same business college in Bangalore. During her second year of b-com Vidhya met Tejas who was doing his first year of MBA. By chance they got to make friendship. Soon the friendship bloomed into something special and they fell in love with each other but no one was ready to say it. They just hid the feelings with themselves.

Tej then completed his MBA and moved to Chennai his native and started working in his father’s textile shop but still they kept in touch with each other.

Vidhya too completed her b-com in the same year and moved back to her family in Coimbatore.

It’s been a year since she completed her degree, she was working for a company in Coimbatore and that’s when Tejas suddenly showed up during her office break hour.

They just spent few hours in the park near her office and then finally Tej confessed his love to her, and she accepted it.

Tej said to her about how he missed her these months. And that’s when Vidhya asked him why he didn’t propose her earlier.

He asked her back “Do you remember this day?”

She tried to think but it didn’t strike her anywhere she nodded her head in negative.

He replied “Today is MAY 17, the day we met for the first time. And I just wanted to propose you on this very unforgettable day.”

She looked at him surprisingly and hugged him with full of love. She still couldn’t believe that he remembers about the day they met for the first time.

It was during her first year final exams when she was hurrying to her exam class, she bumped into someone. Her books fell down and she mumbled a sorry and collected it and rushed to her class immediately not bothered to look at the person whom she dashed.

She entered the class and sighed a breathe of relief after seeing the time. She had 15 minutes more for the exam to start.

She was taking her pen and that’s when she found someone’s hall ticket in her hand instead of hers.

She tried to recollect and that’s when she got to remember about the guy whom she bumped into in the corridor.

She saw the name in the card and found it belonged to a guy named Prithvi.

“B-com 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] year, God its two blocks away from here, how will I find him now?”

Instead of wasting the time by thinking here she moved to the seniors block. Someone suddenly came in her way. She stood shockingly at guy in front of her ‘have I seen him somewhere?’ she tried to recollect but was not able to. Suddenly she remembered the paper in her hand.

“Move please, I have to go now.” she asked quiet pleadingly to that senior in front of her.

He moved immediately and she walked fast from him and that’s when she heard him shout “don’t you need this?”

She turned back and saw him holding her hall ticket.

She immediately rushed to him and said “sorry sir (1[SUP]st[/SUP] year were forced to call the seniors as sir by few students.) I didn’t know that you are Prithvi. My hall ticket please.”

She gave him his and collected her hall ticket and rushed to her room without waiting for a response.

2 months break were over and then she came with a new spirit as a senior to the college.

Sometimes the guy named Prithvi came in her mind. But she felt bad that she wouldn’t be able to meet him again because he has completed his degree.

After few days of her 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] year college she met that familiar face again in canteen. She saw him sitting two tables away from her. She was always a silent, shy type person and it wasn’t her nature to go and initiate a conversation with a person whom she has just met once maybe twice practically speaking.

As she got up after completing her drink she was taken aback as she heard his voice back of her. ‘Do I remember his voice so clearly’ she thought to herself quiet surprised.

She turned back and replied him back “hi.”

“Vidhya right?” he asked her.

God he remembers my name.’ she smiled to herself and nodded her head in positive.

He then said about himself that he was doing 1st year MBA here. After speaking for few minutes he said “ok Vidhya, I just got to go now, my class is going to start.”

She nodded her head and replied “Bye Prithvi.”

But his face expression was not expected by her, he looked shocked. ‘Why? What’s there in this? Can’t I call him with his name?’ she thought confusingly.

His question left her shocked now “who’s Prithvi?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

a big thanks for all those who have read my work and replied back... with hopes to post the nxt one soon :)

4 people like this.