Why Tamilians were ill treated in other states??

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by user2015, Jun 12, 2015.

1. user2015

user2015 New IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    This question was disturbing me very much for past a month. Being born as a Tamilian was the greatest gift, but that doesn't long last until i got a job in other state. PLEASE NOTE NO OFFENCE MEANT ON ANY STATE, I ALWAYS THINK THAT IAM AN INDIAN. Many were earning there livehood, partciularly in chennai. Chennai is a quite best example for multicultural city. But..........when a chennaite goes to any other place we are getting names as madrasi, paandi etc..etc. Comments..and what not. I am really fed up with such instances and really wanted to come back to my Native. But i can't. Please don't consider my country from the profile, i donno how to change the country as it was saved by mistake. Just my vent. Wanted to know whether you faced such situations or am the only one???????

MODERATORS P.S: If you feel that this thread should not be posted you can delete this thread.

1 person likes this.

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

I wouldnt go to the extreme of "ill-treated", but there are few prejudices against tamilians.

I perceive, language barrier as THE number one aspect. Ofcourse we are also "known" to be more conventional/orthodox. I believe these 2 factors are the key concerns mostly considered by non-tamilians.

Trust me, once non-tamilians get to know you better, they would always cherish our friendship. We are also known for our sincerity and honesty and faithfulness in every term.

Dont worry about going to other states. As long as you are strong in your stuff and warm to get along, you will always make friends.

2 people like this.
  3. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

This is the exact reason why Tamilians prefer to move abroad over moving to other parts of India. I personally dont see much of a difference in the southern states. We are mostly treated well there...it is only when we move north that I see too much of prejudice wrt color/accents etc...(BTW, Im v.v.proud of my south indian accent).

1 person likes this.
  4. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi friend
    what you feel is very true. But I was under the impression that only in India they see such differences and not in foreign. I was strongly believing that abroad all are treated alike.
    But i am shocked to see a disgusting behavior of some ( I mention some only and not generalise all , so please don't get angry or upset with me ) of the north-indianstowards tamilians..For example they make fun and tease tamilians for keeping jasmine in their head, for not putting lipstick daily and pass very bad comments.
    That too they are so-called high-class society.
    Prema barani

5. chaithup

chaithup Bronze IL'ite

I am from AP. I feel chennai, more homely compared to Hyderabad.
    I love chennai and tamil people. They are very much god fearing and for that matter Tamilians are the only people I saw in India, who feel proud being tamilians and strive hard to preserve their culture.

1 person likes this.
  6. chaithup

chaithup Bronze IL'ite

I can see one genuine reason behind Northies ill treating Tamil people for the reason that Tamilians are reluctant to speak hindi on political grounds.
    These chidambaram, subramania swamy and other politicians speak fluent hindi outside chennai and back home they never encourage tamilians learn hindi. How silly

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Well , I am a tamilian (and very proud about it) and have been residing outside Tamilnadu/india for a decent time.

I havent come across anytime wherein i was treated less ..My general observations is that Northies are not comfortable having us in their group due to the fact that we are not very inclined in speaking Hindi(even though few of us do know)