sahm self confidence

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by magicworld, Jul 6, 2015.

1. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

I am a stay at home mom of a 4 year old kid. Sometimes I feel I have lost my self confidence and put myself in a back seat in everything.can you please help me get over this. Also I would like to join hands with other women in a similar situation.

2. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi Magicworld,

Even i am in your situation. My DD is 2 yrs old and i had quit my work after she was born. Sometimes i feel very bad to be a SAHM while others are busy building their career. I feel so depressed and keep fighting with my husband. Some days i feel i took the right decision of quitting job to look after my little one.I think we are sailing on the same boat.

3. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

I'm not exactly a SAHM, but working from home since my kiddo's birth. I do feel bad as i feel i'm confined to the house and going out occasionally and everyone else is ahead of me. But i think its just a temporary phase.

You can plan to work as your kid must be going to school or can volunteer for work/ do some online/ WFH work if this is pestering you

4. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

Yes I do feel that once my son starts schooling it will get better. However, I think I need to gain confidence in terms of dressing better, more worldly knowledge, better communication etc.
    Just staying at home makes me lose confidence even talking to people.
    However I have a strong belief that a homemaker to can be a very confident women by beating all barriers. It's just in our minds and also some motivation. Unfortunately , its not always available for us from our family. That's what I think we need to work on here in indusladies.