JULY 2015 due date club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by oysterzzz, Dec 26, 2014.

1. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  2. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Initially during pregnancy i felt it would be a boy but nowadays thinking it would be girl.... One thing which makes me happy though is i don't think i would have gender disappointment.... :) I dont have any marked preference for boy or girl either one seems fine

3. idame

idame Senior IL'ite

@prit Congratulations dear.. do share yr birth story once ur free.. and u were worried about ur LO's weight na.. how much was she at birth??

@cutecancer Same here.. even initially I thought it was a boy.. but now swaying between a boy n girl.. but as u said any baby is fine.. :) :) :)

Having my 37th week scan this Friday.. so eagerly awaiting tht.. feeling my LO very low these days.. getting up frequently in the night and having severe heartburn in the night..

And finally my hospital bag is ready.. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

hi all, so here goes my story. on 28th, DH and i went for a check up and also to tell the doc to fix date as 29th (if it is a c-sec). Doc said lets go for induction first and if i don't get pains then she will go for c-sec. so she asked me to get admitted on 28th night. on that night, i was induced for pains and was waiting. normally it would start after 6 hours but i didn't get any pains so they induced me again at 2am but still no pains. the doc was shocked as generally they would gets pains in the first attempt itself. i was just sitting normally and she checked that my cervix was somewhere in the left and didn't turn towards the birth canal. then she decided that we would go for c-sec. i was taken into the theatre at about 12 30pm and operation started as soon as anesthesia was given. this is my first c-sec so had no idea. everybody was in a rush. sister said, let us know when you feel heaviness. at one point i couldn't breath and told the same to the sister and she said yes, it happens because they are taking the baby out. till then i thought they haven't even started the operation. when everything became normal, i heard the cries and doc wasn't telling me about the baby for 1min. then she said, do you know it's a boy? i told her to tell clearly. she said, it's a boy and although he troubled you (had to take iron shots, ntd reading was more, had severe pubic pain, finally c-sec), he looks good with thick hair. then followed the family planning operation. when i saw him he was not that fluffy like my DD. he was born 3.8 but now he looks so thin. when it was raining, i thought we are lucky to have our babies in july but the climate now is just killing. its soooo hot.

4 people like this.
  5. idame

idame Senior IL'ite

@oysterzzz Sooo sweet.. :) Hope u and ur LO are enjoying together.. :) :) :)

6. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Ladies a question. Is delivering in the 36 weeks safe ?. My belly is low and am getting contractions now and then. I had my son @ 38 weeks...

7. shajeerbond

shajeerbond Bronze IL'ite

@oysterzzz happy to hear ur birth story. Don't worry ur LO will gain wt aftr one month. May god bless u an ur LO.

@prit Congrats dear please share ur story also.

@idame what all things u have in bag. I am yet to pack my bag.
    My due date is on 27 July and applied for ML from 27 :). Planning to work till July 25th.

8. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

@abinayamadhavan : one of my cousins delivered at 35 wks 5 days...baby was fine except for jaundice. Doc prescribed sunbath for baby..another cousin gave birth at 36 wks 6 days. Baby is fine no issues...One more distant relative gave birth 2 weeks ago...her due date is same as mine. I have not seen baby but heard all is well....

Babies were tiny though around 2.1 to 2.3 kgs. Everyone was scared to handle them

1 person likes this.
  9. CuteCancer

CuteCancer Silver IL'ite

Update: No update :-( . Still LOs head is not fixed. Cervix not dilated so have to go next week. (another cervical exam ugh!!!)...Have no pains this week (absolutely no back pain or abdomen pain). Wondering if I will go overdue....

On the other side - One of my relatives had painless contractions so she asked me to check for alternating tightening and loosening of abdominal muscles. Also she told me cervix dilation can happen overnight so just because it is not dilated now does not mean labour would be longer.

Feeling somewhat calmer after this. Me and my mom are just getting impatient. My father keeps telling baby will born at right time be patient. But cant help :-( Looks like july will be longer than june

10. idame

idame Senior IL'ite

@cutecancer same here dear.. July seems to be dragging away.. bt ur father is perfectly right.. r LO will be here wen they shld be.. just enjoy thrse few days to pamper yourself and take some rest.. coz days are goin to be pretty busy with the LO around.

@shajeerbond my hospital bag is simple dear..

For me:
    Nursing brasserie 3
    Nursing nighties 3
    other innerwear
    Towel
    Hand Towel
    Regular Toiletries (Including ur cosmetics)
    wet tissues
    Sanitary napkins( Since I prefer my regular brands XL size)
    Breast pads

For the LO
    cotton sarees and dhotis to swaddle and hold the baby
    old dresses which they will wear first for the baby
    (Since in our custom we shld not buy anything until the bsby is born)

However u can include:
    new born diapers
    nappies
    Baby wipes
    bed protector sheets
    baby soap ( heard himalaya brand is really good)
    Baby towel

**just a tip with the baby clothes.. there is something called as mallu thuni that u get in baby shops.. its supposed to be very soft on the baby.. but the trick is before wearing it for the baby u have to atleast wash it twice or thrice to remove all the starch away.