1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Milk flavors and other feeding suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by viki123, Jun 5, 2015.

1. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@Sandhya,
    I have used both. I felt store bought one was not as good as home made, it formed into lumps easily and tasted like all-purpose flour was mix and my DS did not like it either.

My mom prepares it and couriers it to me. She takes whole raggi, cleans and sun dries it. Then dry roasts and grinds it into fine power along with cardamon.

2. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

@viki123 : My baby is 18 months old and she does not drink any milk. I tried a few times, she used to drink a little but then is not interested.

She eats 4-8oz of organic whole milk yogurt everyday (she loves it), I mix a little honey in it. She also eats one mini babybell cheese wheel everyday. Once a week for lunch I give her a cheese sandwhich and also pasta (mac& cheese) which I make with milk and veggies (brocolli, spinach...which also has calcium).

So its ok, if your baby doesnt drink milk as long as other sources of calcium are available. My baby is very lean (that's genetic), but active and strong. She eats all other solids, roasted vegetables, patties, veggie muffins, rice, dal, roti, dosa, idli etc..etc...She loves food!!

I am planning to mix some fruit and try to give her milk as a shake, so lets see how that goes. I dont want to add chocolate syrup or chocolate powder to her milk, so may add honey. A friend of mine, adds cheerios and gives the milk with cereal, I havent tried that yet.

I also told my Ped that she doesnt drink milk and she didnt seem to be concerned about it and gave no suggestions or said anything about it.

Cooks.

3. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Cooks2010[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]My baby is also same as yours eats every this, now he started with foods that we eat.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I am doing the same as you with pasta and Cheese sandwich, he actually loves them, i send that to his daycare.
    For milk i have observed that he drinks it only when he is too hungry or hungry and sleeply. Like first thing in the morningm after coming home for DayCare or at night before sleep if he is going to bed late that his usual time.

[/FONT]

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Milk is a hit or a miss with my son. I try giving it to him 2-3 times a day. Some days he takes it happily, some days he just runs at the sight of it. He does not eat yogurt. I am still feeding him so not worried about his milk intake as of now.

1 person likes this.