1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband talks very less

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sss, May 31, 2008.

1. sss

sss New IL'ite

Sorry for delay in response frnds. I have very small kid aged 1yr. Thank you for all your posts.

Here are things i observed in him in these 5 yrs

1)He talks very less to everyone but why other people bother about his nature because they talk at max 15 or 30 mnts right.
    I am the one who has to bare his silence for lifelong right.

2)I tried all my ways to solve this problem. but no use. May be he is like that. I have to accept that. Eventhough i am living with my family
    sometimes i feel very lonely in this world.

3)He doesn't express/show any love or care for me. I wonder why this guy is like this. Here i have to tell his family background..they are 6 siblings[big family]
    so this might be the reason.

Please pour your suggestions to solve this problem.

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Dear SSS ,

Well.. he is basically a quite guy then.. yes you r right that others neednt bother about him not talking too much or too lil.. and you r the one who needs to put up with it.. I can understand what you must be going thru.. I only hope the posts aftr your reply including mine does some help ..Maybe you would have tried them in these 5 yrs but dont give up try harder who knows maybe its jus gona change things for good..
    If he talks less you make a conversation more often.. make convrsations.. ask questions.. make him answer.. chek what intrests him more and make an effort to talk abt it more.. discuss abt movies.. rem one thing thru out.. have a smile and never brood.. I say this bcoz wen u look upset nothing u attempt feels right.. and the other person might not really be intrested too .. it would pain u sometime I know but it may be worth it belv me..

Secondly.. you said he hardly " express/show " his love to u .. Am glad you know it very well in ur heart that he " does love u " actually.. Being not expressive is alrite, dear.. Al of us are lacking something or the other in us.. it is defintly alrt if he hasnt been an expressive guy as far as he does things for u.. Maybe this quality of his could be ignored and belv me it may change sometime .. maybe u feel more sad wen u se any of his frends being really expressive and display their love to their wives.. for al u know those people might be hiding many more things behind that display of affection which you have been gifted with.. :-D.. Solutions wil be recoverd from within ourselves.. its just that you need to work towards it carefully.. I hope the others would come up with many more suggestions that would help .. Best luck and belv in ur relationship.. :thumbsup

A lil note.. on what Bhagirathi posted.. since you arent married you mite not really understand the crunch of the situation.. you said your pop was a quite guy .. and ur mom jus managed t live with it for 30 yrs.. have u ever got into her shoes.. ?? She has been putting up with it till you people wer born.. She would have come to ur pop's life with so many desires... she compromised everything and that is why you al had a happy family... But rem she is a human and has her rite to live the way she wants.. But then not al of us need to be so.. We have one life Bhagirathi.. and we need to live it to the fullest.. there are problems which may not have solutions at all.. we cud put up with them to balance our married life but.. this doesnt look like one.. We r humans and alwys can sucept to changes.. Once you r married you would understand your mother the best... Atleast I did.. !!!! ;-)

3. sss

sss New IL'ite

Thank you Preethi. You have well understood my problem.

I do my best to change his attitude.

4. uns

uns New IL'ite

Hi SSS,

I liked the suggestion...you also stop talking for a few days and just go about your chores in the house and keep yourself occupied with other activities. See if this bugs him.

If he says anything tell him that you have nothing to speak or share so i thought let me not bother you with my blaberings.

5. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

hi dear...
    oh God this is tooooooooo much....why so reserved ??
    have u ever asked him face to face like "why u never speak to me or share ur feelings with me "???? in these five yrs??? does he behave the same with everybody in the family or it is just with u??
    Try out asking him why he is so reserved..!!
    if he behaves the same way with others also...then try him pulling in to some or other conversation and prolong ur talk...this may be helpful...!!
    but dont get depressed...!! keep similing...!!
    cheers.......Bow