1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

New Home Decor

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by adisum, May 15, 2015.

1. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi my vote goes for tiles.
    Marble , yes it requires polishing after 3 years and imaging the time and amount of work you have to do for it (with all things inside home !!!OMG I can't imagine)

Also when I was thinking of marble to my new house , one of the showroom person told me that granite & marble requires special cleaning means
    1. Using mild cleaner
    2. mandatory cleaning with fresh water (once again all over )
    3. Finally we need to wipe it with dry cloth as leaving it to dry naturally will cause water marks. I heard the this (drying naturally) for kitchen countertops for granites .
    Anyhow make sure you clear this with concerned person .

Also after seeing so many showrooms for vitrified tiles , I was amazed by the options available .If you choose 3 X 3 tiles (bigger than the usual one) at high end vitrified tiles it almost gives you the same feeling of Marbles.

1 person likes this.
  2. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Thankyou @seeabitha the points you have mentioned are the same my Mom has in her mind, I am now convinced that tiles would be a better option also they are in demand currently. But the granite counter tops in Kitchen are fine , right ? or there also we need to put tiles ?

3. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Amazing Paintings dear.. the link you have given is very much beneficial for me as I live in a small town, we don't have much option for wall paintings, only 2 or 3 shops are there with same kind of work. The online shopping is the best we can do.. :thankyou2:

4. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi

For kitchen platform ,Granite is the best option and for the flooring and walls go for tiles.For walls go for a light coloured tiles and for the floor go with neutral colours like light brown,light grey etc.Don't go for a too light or a too dark colour.

Hope this tip would be helpful for you to make a decision.

Ramya

1 person likes this.
  5. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

I too agree with Ramya . Granite is best choice for kitchen countertop.
    For floor tiles, like she mentioned go for a neutal color (very light brown (sand color)..etc) but for the wall tile my option is different .

If it is for kitchen backsplash, depending on the color of the cabinet I like wall tiles to be bright color. say some green, orange etc .If the cabinet is ivory or white then any bright color of ur choice will go very well with black granite countertop

Search google images "coloured kitchen backsplash" to get an idea

2 people like this.
  6. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

I agree to you both, I also would like to use granite for kitchen counter and tiles for floors and kitchen-bathroom walls.

As per some surveys that I have done, I got to a conclusion that tiles and marble are either of same cost or marbles are expensive than tiles.

Do you people have any idea regarding the cost comparison of both materials ? It would be a great help . Thanks :)

7. aditi123

aditi123 New IL'ite

8. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi adisum,

though I am not very sure marbles are quite expensive than tiles in general
    But I have not made any extensive search about the cost as I was determine to go for Tiles

9. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi Aditi,

If it is Indian marble it would be double the cost of tiles and if it is Italian marble,it would be 3 times the cost of tiles.Moreover tile would be like fix and forget.It doesn't require regular maintenance.Whereas any marble in that case would require regular maintenance which would be an additional cost.So considering all this tile would be the cheapest and the most durable option.

Ramya

10. sunita1211

sunita1211 Silver IL'ite

Hi adisum,

I always believe in taking help from the proffessionals and doing it the right way.
    They charge for their services , but their suggestions and tips do count , when want to plan a house or Interior decor. The home designer plans works as a guideline for you to plan and execute your dream your Idea of your house.