1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My sweet and cute maid

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 19, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I did not have a amaid since December 2014 or so. Then from end of January till February end for a month I was in Dubai. Then after I came back my Sammandi told me that there is a new maid in her co sister in law's house who stays in our building. She herself told the maid to come and see me. I told her if you come you shoudl come early in the morning as sometimes I have to go out. For two days she came properly and then she came when I was not there. My husband told she is not abl eto come according to our time so stop her. When I told her she felt bad for me and told that she will arrange for a maid. First she said her daughter will come but later her friend's daughter came and now since two months or so she has been working with us.

This maid is sweet sixteen, always smiling. She started coming at 8 a.m. and it was very good for me because after sweeping swabbing I was able to do pooja. But then for some days she was coming late and taking leave in between. But if you ask her with sweet smile on her face she will have some excuse and seeing her face I dont feel like getting angry. When I had a fall I told her to clean the vessels too in the morning because of hairline fracture in my left hand. So though I am ok she cleans the vessels too.

On Monday she saw Drumstick leaves falling on our Balcony . So asked me ad plucked the leaves , some for me , some for sammandi's sister in law and for her self. So one day I made milagootal, added some to the adai mavu and made adai and today made bhaji adding onion and frying both and adding chilli powder and coconut.

Since yesterday heavy rain so our ceiling on top of the toilet and bathroom started leaking. As it is the pigeons used to go there, so I thought they must have made dirty there. So we asked her to climb the stool and see there as we had kept two cardboard box and dont remember what was inside. Both were wet , so she took out all the vessels which were inside that and cleaned also there. So she had to spend more time , I was going to tell her I will clean the vessels. After finsihing the cleaning and all she saidshe is going , I told her wait I will give coffee. She thought it is not ready and it was ready and she had . I told her I will clean the vessels but she cleaned the vessels too . I gave her some money. She felt happy.

Good that now I can arrange everything putting the things which are not needed in a cardboard box , so that when we vacate the house less work will be there.

She dresses up nicely and looks cute also though she is dark , till now she is very helpful. Hope she continues to be like that. When the pigeons had delivered outside our balcony she used to watch them. In the beginning she did not know that it was pigeon's egg and she brought to me and said what is this, I told her its pigeon's and go and keep there. In my Sammand's sister in law's house it seems she pluck the rose and kept. Feel sorry for her that instead of going to school at this age, she has to come to work. She does not have a father and mother also has health problems so she could not continue her education and studied upto 8th only, but she is smart and will learn with experience. She starts from her house at 7.30 a.m. or so and works till 2.30 pm. and after that she works with her mother it seems and goes home only in the evening.

May God bless her and keep her always healthy and happy

11 people like this.

2. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji ma,

Nowadays finding a good maid is very difficult.Manaivi amaivadu eraivan seyal before.

Now Maid amaivadu eraivan seyal.

It is good to know that she is doing extra work with a smiling face.You are also sweet in recognizing her work and effort

But it is sad to know that she is not going to school and enjoying her life in this young age.

May god bless her.

4 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

@Harini dear you are right finding a good maid is very difficult and glad that at present I am blessed to have a good maid. True dear I also feel bad that she is not going to school.

1 person likes this.
  4. Suprajah

Suprajah Senior IL'ite

@iyerviji ma

very true. These days we must be really blessed to get a good, trustworthy maid!!. My neighbor says that we need a "muga rasi" to get work done from maid.

The same maid does lots of work in other neighbor's house but not hers. If she tells any additional work she doesn't do in this neighbor's house.

Though I am new to IL I have read many of your posts viji ma, where you describe small small incidents in detail and like them lots...

2 people like this.
  5. mmanjari

mmanjari New IL'ite

@iyerviji lucky you to get a good maid , its difficult to get one here for me :(. Make sure you take good care of her.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

@Suprajah dear welcome to my thread . Ya dear I feel blessed to have got this maid. Glad to know you like my posts, will be glad to receive feedback whenever you get time .

7. iyerviji

@mmanjari dear welcome tomy thread and glad ot get your feedback. She should also take care of me.

8. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

How are you Vijiji? I have been travelling too much and when I am home can't find time for anything. I do come here and read the new posts when I find the time and I always keep remembering you. How are you and how is uncle? While I am typing this I am watching the rain affected Mumbai in the TV and it's really not good at all. Are you all ok there? Please take good care of yourself. Much regards..

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

I am fine dear, just saw your like to my thread and sent a pm but thennoticed you have logged out, but now glad to get your feedback. I also remember you.Justnow I think while you were giving feedback I went to your profile and was seeing your posts and the feedback to my old posts by you. Missing you very much.I am still here but many ofour old friends are missing now.

Ya since last night heavy rain here and many places are flooded. My maid was saying no trains and also schools are closed. We are fine dear. Glad to get your feedback. YOu too take care

10. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Happy for you that you have a lovely maid. And you are so good and nice to her. Just writing this article about her shows your soft nature and good heart. I feel in a way sorry for her since she is not going to school. But I think nowadays education is not taking us anywhere. So doing a decent job and leading a decent life is important, and depends on person to person how they take their situations in life.

1 person likes this.