1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The journey of love…Part XXIV

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Angellic, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

The journey of love…Part XXIV

THE FLASHBACK

With prayers and fastings, meenakshi was born to her parents after 15 long years. Meenakshi’s dad was a rich business man so she never faced a feeling of thirst or hunger anytime during her early childhood. She remembered how as a child she enjoyed a life of princess with her mom and dad. She thought herself as the luckiest child in the world but God was quite unfair to her, that’s how she felt when her life took a 180 turn.

While travelling back to home from a get-to-gather, the car they were travelling by, crashed into the rear of a container truck near a tunnel. Rescue department were informed and a crane pulled out the car which was stuck under the container after the impact. Firemen had to cut the car doors to remove the bodies while the local people and police took the injured to a nearby private hospital.

Their parents got severe head injury and died on the spot, declared the doctor and they started their treatment for meenakshi who too got severe head injury. She was in an induced coma for five weeks. Fortunately, she started responding well towards the treatment.

She was transferred to a government hospital as no one came to meet her. She progressed slowly towards the recovery path. She was then sent to an orphanage since no relatives came forward to take her. The girl of tender age, meenakshi couldn’t believe the fact that no one came forward to help her. She stayed in a dark room all alone, talking to no one, eating nothing, just crying continuously wishing for her parents to come back.

Life in the orphanage was completely foreign to her. Her heart couldn’t digest nor adjust with the sorta life, kids have in orphanage. It was the care taker Padmavati who took special care towards meenakshi, helping her to come back to normalcy. She motivated and encouraged Meenakshi to study. It was her support which inspired meenakshi to become something in her life.

She finished her studies and then moved to a rented house nearby her firm as she got a job in a garment company. Meenakshi’s continuous effort and hard work helped her to gain a promotion within a short span of time. Mrs. Mandagini. Rajagopalan the founder of the garment company then made her the total incharge of the firm and moved to Bangalore.

Even in her busy work schedule, still she managed to take a day from every month to visit the orphanage to meet Padmavati, her guardian and gave a part of her salary to padmavati. She was not like other girl of her age, she becomes numb and emotionless. The transfer of her life from a well protective world to the world of stranger emerges out a different person in her. She keeps her words short and precise and totally forgot to smile. Life again took a 180 turn when she met her Prince charming…

It was a fine morning; she was on the way to her firm. She stopped at the busstop near her firm when she saw a guy sleeping on the bustop bench, lying his hands over the chest with a file. Meenakshi glanced briefly at him and but then her gaze moved on…

She winded up her work before 10 as she was scheduled to take interview at 10 am. She shortlisted few applicants from many and started interviewing one by one. She, being a woman of perfection looks for the same in every possible thing around her, was not satisfied with the applicants so far. Last applicant came in, standing inside the open door, he greeted her.
    To her surprise, it was that busstop guy.

He introduced himself as jonarthan.

The firm was hiring Male candidate for packaging dept. Meenakshi felt positive while interviewing jonarthan. His qualification seems to fit in perfectly for the job so she told him to join the firm soon…

Jonarthan was on cloud nine hearing that. After finishing the formalities, before leaving, with lots of hesitation, he asked meenakshi’s permission to allow him to stay at office premise for a month. Meenaskhi knowing the reason for his request bluntly said a NO as she doesn’t have that authority. But after thinking for a while, she offered him to stay at her house till he find a place for him. She couldn’t find anyother possible way to help him.

Jonarthan saved a huge place for meenakshi in his heart for the kindness that she showered on him. She bought the same rented house in which she was living, within few years of working. Her house had an upstairs bonus room and she offered him that bonus room to stay…

He noticed her loneliness and madly wanted to unlock the barriers that she built across her heart and to help her come out of that shell. Meenakshi hated the attention and affection that he was flourishing on her.

Greeting her every morning with a hot cup of filter coffee and packing her tiffin, made her freak out during the initial days but then slowly she got use to it.

Mr. Jonarthan, you don’t have to do this, I can do it myself, is what meenakshi keep repeating like a kid chanting the rhymes, to avoid his attention.

I owe you a lot, was his reply, giving no chance for meenakshi to ignore his offer.

One fine morning, while walking on the way to her firm, a rock hit her toe and she was about to fall, when jonarthan helped her. Her sandal buckle got lose, making her uncomfortable to walk. He made her sit on the busstop bench, folded his shirtsleeves upto the wrists, knelt down in front of her and gently took her sandal off her foot and helped to fix the buckle in. Her heart pounded, this was the moment when love budded in meenakshi’s heart. She started enjoying his presence thereafter.

Jonarthan received his first salary and packaged his bag unwillingly to move out of her home. At the very same time, meenakshi fall ill burning with high fever, jonarthan was left with no other option but to take care of her. He took care of her like a mom taking care of the li’l one, made her totally fall for him. Meenakshi’s love for him rooted deeply.

Then Meenakshi decided not to let him go but felt it too hard to confess her feelings for him. He understood the unsaid words that meenakshi eyes were trying to say. So he came up with an option of staying at her place by paying rent. Meenakshi with a huge smile agreed to it..

Jonarthan liked her from the very beginning and knowing what’s there in her heart, he proposed her for marriage. Meenakshi happily accepted his proposal.

Jonarthan’s dad wanted him to work in his farm but Jonarthan was not interested in that which was the reason for him to leave kerala. He, during the initial few days, took shelter in the busstop but it was because of meenakshi he got a job, it’s because of her he got a place to stay. He started loving his job because of her presence. Jonarthan’s dad was an orthodox person, so Jonarthan married her without his parents’ knowledge.

They had a simple court marriage. He informed them 2 years later, when titli was born. His father didn’t talk to him thereafter as he was quite angry with his deed. His mom kept in touch with them via letters.

Life was too good for meenakshi, with jonarthan taking care of her just like her parents. She thought her life was back to what she longed for, but she was wrong again, this too didn’t last long.

Titli was three year old when she suffered from jaundice and was admitted in the hospital in a critical state. At the very same time, jonarthan received a letter from his dad stating the seriousness of his mom’s health and the urgency to have him back to kerala. Jonarthan was totally skeptic but it was meenakshi who forcefully sent him to kerala to take care of his mom.
    Jonarthan left meenakshi and titli & never came back…

********************************************************************************************

The long journey of her bitter past flooded her eyes with tears. She forced her mind a lot not to bring those unerasable cruel past in front of her, but she failed to control her mind.

Wiping off her tears that were coursing down her cheeks, she washed her face and came out of her room, when she saw titli with a smile lit up her usually innocent fearful face with a starling charm…

Titli, where were you? She asked doubtfully…

Hmm, mom nothing, just went out for a walk around the garden, Good night, mom saying this she happily went into her room…

Now meenakshi’s heart started to worry about her daughter. Where did she go at this odd hour? I should do something, before she takes any stupid decision. Its my responsibility to give a secure life to her, she thought…

In the morning, meenakshi was lazily lying on her bed in sad silence, thinking about jonarthan, until her thoughts were interrupted by her mobile ringing.

Answering it, she heard a familiar voice burst out of the speaker: 'Hi Meenakshi?

Sorry? May I know who is this? she asked, inquisitively.

Hey, good morning, swarna here, your temple friend, she replied…

Oh, swarna, I’m so sorry, I gave my number to you but completely forget to take your number, she said convincingly…

Oh, that’s fine, so what’s the plan for the day??? She asked…

Nothing much, just scratching my head thinking about the odds, she replied…

Uh, I thought you will be busy or sometime. Can you come to my place for lunch today? She asked…

Thank you so much for being too kind towards me. This really means a lot to me. I didn’t sleep well last night. I’m sure I need a break. I will definitely feel relieved and better, talking to you, so thanks for this offer, she said happily…

Mention not meenakshi, will continue our chat at my place, waiting for you bye, saying this she ended the conversation…

Tweety went to her office quite early, leaving a note behind.
    Tweety left so soon??? she told me that she took off for 3 days…titli thought for a while.

Then she called her mom for breakfast. Her mom joined her. Mom, are we attending the marriage? She asked…

No titli, we are not. I have another plan. My friend invited me for lunch at her place. I want you to join me, she told…

Mom, why don’t you go to your friend’s place, let me go to attend bhumi’s wedding, she asked…

She is a good friend of mine; I wanna introduce you to her and vice versa. Can you please join me??? We will invite bhumi and Daniel for a big meal at our place and gift them something special, said her mom to convince her…

Titli, as usual, didn’t wanna disappoint her mom with a NO so agreed to accompany her…

Titli wear this saree, saying this she gave her a cream colored golden border cotton silk saree.

Mom, why this? She asked quizzically…

Because I’m also wearing the same, she replied with a smile…

That bought a smile on titli’s face.

Titli thought of keeping it simple but then she remembered her date cum meeting with vedh @ Ice & Spice in the evening. So she decided to keep her look elegant and breathtaking rather than simple and plain. She wore that cream colored silk saree with matching short sleeved blouse, paired of sparkling gold[​IMG] jhumka and fancy mahalakshmi pendant necklace. Her mom kept it simple.

Meenakshi was standing in the doorway of the room, watching her daughter getting ready, looking extremely emotional…

Hey mom, you are ready?? Titli asked as she captured her mom’s eye on her..

Yeah, I’m done. Titli, you look too pretty in this saree, she replied…

Aww, Thank you mom, she replied with a big smile…

Titli, I wanna buy a gift for my friend’s son, It was his b’day yesterday, so What can I gift him? She asked…

Hmm, guys are mostly crazy for gadgets, games or watches & I think watch will be the best option, said titli…

Her mom gave a How-did-you-know-that, sorta look…

Titli understood that and said actually mom, tweety told me about shan anna talking a lot about gadgets, watches, cars and other techi stuffs. So I concluded that guys would love these stuffs, you know…

Her mom smiled and then agreed to buy a watch.
    ********************************************************************************************

Vedh went to attend daniel’s wedding with a hope of meeting titli but hard luck she was not present. Daniel introduced his uncle to him. When Daniel introduced him stating his garment factory @ Singapore, vedh couldn’t control his happiness. Vedh who was eagerly looking for a chance to do something good to impress meenakshi, thought jonarthan as a nice option…

Uncle, hows your work treating you? He asked merrily…

Its good, jonarthan replied…

Uncle, would you like to expand your business here in Mumbai or in Chennai? He asked…

Hmm, no idea, may be in the future, he replied so as not to sound negative…

Uncle, my mom’s friend also owns a garment factory and running an orphanage too, he said…

Hmm, that’s really great, replied jonarthan…

Uncle, would you like to collaborate with her? Heard from Daniel that you are a philanthropist, so would you like to donate something for her orphanage, he asked…

Before jonarthan could respond, vedh’s mobile buzzed…he took it out from his pocket and saw his mom’s name flashing on the screen…

Hello mom, what’s up?? He asked happily…

Vedh, I’ve invited meenakshi for lunch at our place, can you join us?? She asked…

Mom, what are you saying? How can I not join you mom? My god, Are you sure, Meenakshi aunty is coming to our home, he asked with a tone full of excitement…

Yup, she is coming, replied his mom…

Jonarthan felt his heart skip a beat when he heard meenakshi’s name…

Only meenakshi aunty is coming? He asked…

I’ve invited meenakshi, not because she is titli’s mom. I’ve invited her to make her happy. Yesterday, I couldn’t sleep well as your dad is away. Though its just a day, but I felt quite uneasy. A strange feeling of pain hit my heart, when I compared my situation with meenakshi’s. How painful it might be for her to stay away and live alone for 23 long years. I just wanna make her happy and that’s the reason I’ve invited her, she replied…

Don’t worry mom. We will do anything and everything that will make her happy…Ok mom. I’ll be there soon, bye, love you saying this he disconnected…

Who is meenakshi? Jonarthan asked…

Uncle, she is the one I’m talking about, said vedh with a smile…

Vedh, I would like to donate something for the orphanage. But I wanna do it in person. Also I wanna meet her, he said…

Oh, well, she is my mom’s friend. My mom has invited her for lunch, why don’t you join us then? Asked vedh…

Sure, why not, he replied, I wish she was the one, murmured jonarthan…

Meenakshi and titli went to Vedh’s home and rang the door bell. Vedh’s mom opened the door and stood still looking at the mom and the daughter holding hands…

Lovely pairs, looking gorgeous, said Swarna…

Thank you swarna…Well, meet my daughter mythili, meenakshi replied with a smile…

Mythili’ya? Appo Titli yaaru?? (then who is titli??). Hmm, Mythili ~ titli maybe her pet name, she thought…

Mythili, chance ella, how in the world are you not married yet?? She asked…

Titli just gave a flat smile feeling completely embarrassed …

Chalo come in, sit sit, saying this, she offered them to sit and served them Ice water…

Swarna was dragging Titli into her conversation which irked titli alot, then swarna and meenakshi went to the kitchen with their chat section ON, and started setting the dining table…

Vedh knocked the door happily with jonarthan standing beside him…

Swarna knowing it might be vedh, told titli to open the door…

Titli caught her breath and glanced up with wide eyes, when she opened the door...

Vedh mouth dropped open in surprised shock, stunned to see titli standing in front of him. His heart pounded furiously in his chest, seeing her in saree…

Meenakshi and swarna came to the living room.

Vedh stepped in quickly and said Hello Aunty, she must be your sister right?

Meenakshi couldn’t control the curve that appeared on her cheeks.

Aunty, I’ve a big surprise for you, saying this he called jonarthan in…

Jonarthan who was standing on the doorway, watching meenakshi’s smile, Stepped in…

Meenakshi’s eyes popped out of her head, staring at him without a blink. She was quite astonished seeing him in front of her…

Journey To be continued…

With love,
    Angellic :)

6 people like this.

2. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Wowwwwww ... I mean just wowwww....

Two episodes in one go that too long ones.. Thanks a ton @Angellic , Love you for this yaar.. I am now at my toes to read the next episodes .. Loved the scenes between vedh and titli.. I can imagine Vedh looking at Titli's beauty in a mesmerizing expression.. M all smiles after reading your recent episodesmademydaysmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Hi Angellic - that was double bonanza .. Too good episodes and superb narration. long episodes.

1 person likes this.
  4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Aww, thank you so much...

Happiness is receiving such an appreciative as well as encouraging fb...:bowdown

Reading your fb brought a huge smile on my face mademydaysmiley...Glad to know that you enjoyed the recent episodes...:thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  5. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Rampuri9 for stopping by and dropping your fb :bowdown...

Very happy to know that you liked it :)

6. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

@Angellic

Wow 2 amazing episodes, wow wonderful treat for us reading your story. Eventhough you made us wait long you covered it up by giving wonderful episodes. Now eagerly waiting for your future episodes.

7. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

@angellic wow superb episode:clap

8. Nakshatra

Nakshatra Bronze IL'ite

Super episodes. I just wait for your post everyday. you write so well, grammer and words and everything. There was another story in IL, story was good but grammer was so bad that at work I started writing all bad english. What you read you become they say right, I just wait for your episodes. Do it fast and finish this one. I read all chapters again till here.

9. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Glad that I was a reason for your smile hugsmiley

Hey come on waiting for next post,, my toes are hurting now :rotfl

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Angellic don't make us wait now:bang it is so interesting going on.....
    What made titli's parents separate........

Waiting for your next episode dear:biggrin2: