July 2014 due date club :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by anjali06, Nov 18, 2013.

1. mcutiepie

mcutiepie Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope everyone is having fun with our growing babies... See they are about to turn 1 now..

I also came here to discuss b'day plans :)...

Though we are not planning party, we are going out for a vacation on his bday...

But I want to buy something very special for him, not getting much ideas around this... any suggestions ladies??

About Viraj's growth... He walks with support and can walk 2-5 steps without support.. have 6 teeth... 4 upper ones.. and 2 lower ones...

3 people like this.
  2. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

I am also still confused about the gift.
    My LO is not interested in any of his toys, he prefers kitchen items better.
    And he wants to play with everything his parents play with.
    Laptop, phone etc. so I was thinking of getting him a top laptop where he can hear rhymes.
    But toy laptops are all bright colors and he knows its not the real deal. :p

2 people like this.
  3. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@mcutiepie: Even am not planning for any bday parties...and I am planning for some outing as well.. Diya just has two teeth..She can walk 4 to 5 steps without support after which she falls...While breastfeeding, when I pull away, she says : amma amma amma....amma amma amma" She says appa at times. When sees a picture of a baby or a toy, she says " papapapa" and kisses the toy. gets angry a lot.

Whats the food chart like for your lo's?
    Are you guys teaching anything for your lo's?

1 person likes this.
  4. devic

devic Silver IL'ite

Its so nice to hear about the Growth :)

My LO says Amma Amma for everything.. That's like the only words he know.
    He used to say Tata, now have completely stopped.
    Say "Aaaiii" when he see something he like or when he is excited.

He claps when he listen to songs.
    I have taught him to shake hands, and when I ask where is nose, he points correctly.

I have not taught him anything much, I hear we can start teaching now, but my LO is too busy crawling around to notice what I am saying.

What should we be teaching?thinkingsmiley

How long are u guys planning to breast feed. I wanted to stop after his 1st bday, but it looks like he has other ideas.

His Food Chart

Morning
    9 AM: raggi Porridge/rava porridge
    10:30 AM : Breast feed - Very little, coz he is too active and he is easily distracted.
    12:30 PM : Rice and Daal boiled with carrots and beans
    3:30 PM : Biscuits
    4:30 PM: Rava porridge/ Raggi again
    6:30 PM: Banana
    8:30 PM: lerft over of Rice and Daal boiled with carrots and beans
    9:30 PM : NaN
    10:30 PM: Sleep time with Breast milk
    he wake up at night few times and have breast milk.

I am worried he is having very lil food as milk.

1 person likes this.
  5. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies.. Great to hear from ya all after a loooooong time.. This thread is soooo nostalgic and it brings back all the preggy time memories.. Wonderful times !! Ya our LO's are gonna be toddlers very soon.. yayyy.. Lets pat ourselves on the back for the great job we did so far.

Updates from me : My daughter can stand without support for a few secs. She has not yet started walking. Has got two lower teeth at the front. She can speak all those words and does all activities that u guys mentioned above. Other than that she is very interested in books. She observes a lot and babbles a lot along with me when I read out to her.

On the food front, we give her idli/dosa/chappati/wheat upma(for breakfast and dinner) and rice with dhal and veggies/rice with rasam/curd(for lunch). She has combination of formula and BM. We give her 2 to 3 dates and one fruit everyday. Every evening she has multi-grain porridge that is home made. 2 eggs a week. Planning to start NV and cow's milk after her 1st b'day. But in general I feel she is bored with all that she eats and she is going on a food strike now. Its becoming very difficult to feed her. She loves one and only sweets.

Devi I also feel that ur LO's milk intake is insufficient as BM/Formula is their primary source of nutrition until one year. Try increasing it dear.

Cutie I'm not finding much time to teach her as I'm working :'( My parents have taught her various actions. She waves bye, claps her hands, can give flying kiss, winks her eye, identifies few things at home like TV, Fan, Lights etc, when asked.. says Ammma always, appa sometimes, aiii when she sees new things. Touches her head whenever she falls down meaning that her head is hurt :p Can identify eyes, nose and head too.

mcutie buy something like a rocking horse or a high chair ? Advance birthday wishes and hugs to all our little ones. Keep in touch girls !!

1 person likes this.
  6. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

And ya forgot to talk about sleeping patterns. How are u managing girls ? During nights I nurse her to sleep and she wakes up several times to demand feeding and only then she gets back to sleep. She does that only for comfort. I don't know how to make her forget this habit. Although I want to continue feeding until 18 months. But I feel my supply has gone down a lot and not sure how long I can feed. Day times she takes 2 naps around 1 to 1.5 hrs each.

Have u guys got back to shape ? I still have to shed a few kgs to reach my pre pregnancy weight. No time/lazy to work out.

There are no updates from RedRuby, JBC and others. hru girls ? Keep in touch..

2 people like this.
  7. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@redruby @mcutiepie @devic @naveenasasi: @priyamadduri @janbornchild We need to be in touch. Looks like we are not finding time to use Indusladies often, though I wish to if they have an Android app. How about forming a group for us in Whatsapp or Facebook?

1 person likes this.
  8. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Diya's activities include:

Will dance for any kind of music. Will just shake her hip like a pro :).
    Claps, plays mridangam
    Says amma, appa, papa
    Plays ringa roses and sits down for all fall down
    Talks over phone
    Prays god
    Says good night, morning and namaskaram
    Cries when I lift some other baby
    Plays peek-a-boo
    Waves bye-bye, tata
    Hands-up Hands- down
    Switches on AC
    Spits out when asked to
    Lies down when asked to sleep
    Gives kisses to dolls and babies
    Listens music when feeling sleepy
    Types my keyboard
    Plays toy xylophone
    Can open and close tap
    can close a water bottle
    Sings aah-aah-aah
    Enjoys seeing a dog, cow or birds
    Identifies our own car (will be silent when we uses relatives car and gets excited when uses our own car)
    Stands and sits when told
    Cries when someone hits me or her dad
    Puts the battery in remote
    When does out, gets super excited

thats all I guess...

Food chart
    Morning - Apple sauce/banana (with nuts and dry fruits)
    10am- idli/idiyappam
    afternoon - dhal rice/curd rice
    evening - apple
    Dinner - Rice/porridge
    Night- Formula Milk (will skip on some days)
    Now and then Breastmilk

3 people like this.
  9. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@Naveenasasi: How is Khriya? was expecting your post since long time...good that u got time to post now :) would love to see all baby's pics...anyone willing to share?

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    Though i was originally due for sept first, my baby decided on July end. Its nice to read your posts as it resembles my DD's behavior.

Breast milk quantity might seem lower as we are giving other solid foods that will fill the baby's demand. As demand gets lower, supply will also follow it.

During night she wants to tough me or close to me all time. So, will wake up and lye over me and i have to bring her back to position again..

I give her curd(freshly prepared each day), you can try that too. I heard its good!

Take care ladies..

3 people like this.