1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

gorgeous and the not so gorgeous women...

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jun 16, 2015.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Well dressed and neatly groomed at any stage of life equates to the gorgeous status. It is important for men and women. It does make you feel good, confident and happy at the same time it transform the happy vibes to the others as well.

I slightly disagree with you here. The well groomed and neatly dressed have got nothing with your financial status. It is more connected to your state of mind, up bringing and your fashion taste.

I have seen perfectly groomed women in the not-so-well families, and bad taste of dressing among the high class people.

Very recently I admired a mom of 2 young kids at a community center where I went to deliver some hygienic packs for the flood victims. I saw this woman of her mid 30s. She came there to collect the free packs; thus I assumed she is from a poor family.

She had combed her hair perfectly, and pinned it with a bun. A very clear face, a bindi on it. A peacock blue shalwar, rightly fixing her body in it. She is not over weight, but not so tiny either.
    A small chain, a watch perhaps.
    A clear black footware. Perhaps washed from the flooded road. Perfectly cut nails without any polish.
    She is not fair, but dusky. Did not wear expensive jewels. But some plastic ear-rings.

Not just me, but everyone in my car addressed her as "that beautiful woman" as we didn't know her name.

But I did not fail to notice one of my colleague sitting in the car of almost the same age, very rich and highly educated woman. But she has a poor grooming skills. She came with the office T-shirt - very loose as she is over weight with curves, and never thought of diet or exercising for getting back to shape.
    She wears a bindi - big one regardless of the dress type. It didn't go well with her Ts.
    She always wear gold jewels, and the shape of her ear-rings or chain didn;t match with her dress at all.

She is beautiful, but she failed to take care of her body, and dressing though she is rich and affordable. But that poor woman had this grooming skills to look gorgeous among all that time.

2 people like this.
  2. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

A lot of folks think well groomed equals to rich. I'll give you a very simple example. My parents were in Indonesia for around 5 years. They had an Indonesian maid who would come everyday to do the same things that Indian maids do. Sweep the house, clean vessels, dry clothes from the washing machine etc. She'd come well groomed and by that I don't mean loads of makeup or expensive clothes. She came in clean clothes, neat and well dressed and while leaving, if she felt she looked untidy due to house work, she'd groom herself before leaving. My mom was utterly shocked! And this women took care of 2 kids, separated from her husband. She was a single parent and earned to give her kids a good life. My mom who till then was so lazy to even dress well suddenly started to feel so conscious and began to dress well and take care of how she looked! All thanks to the maid.
    The maid lady said irrespective of how rich or poor they are, they do take pains to look groomed and presentable. Her logic was if I look clean and presentable, I'll get more jobs. Sorry for the wall of text.

3 people like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

No probs.i love to read a lot:)

thx previ ,sgbv

4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

can't help but wonder if the husbands pay this level of attention to details about their wives...:rotfl

vaidehi71, dimhere, SGBV and 2 others like this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Annika my daughter has a book about manners. it is full of poems about good behaviour. There is a poem about a pig called Pamela pig who looks a mess. The last few lines sum it up for me - it goes like this.
    Doesn't she know
    It isn't polite
    To make others look
    At such a sad sight?

It is so true what you say. Looking good is not just for yourself but also for others who look at you. I have heard people say, who's going to look at me! While I'm all for people dressing in what they are comfortable in, it is indeed refreshing to see well groomed people.

3 people like this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

:cheers
    I doubt it. Was just telling a friend yesterday that I was tired of the husband not noticing anything; am going to try wearing my pj's next time we go out, to see whether he catches me out!

2 people like this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

haha don't worry, even if he does not, chances are that someone on the street may write about you. console1

1 person likes this.
  8. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

WOW, post more of her poems. Nice one.

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Exactly guesshoo..it is indeed refreshing to see well groomed people.

10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Not sure about other husbands, but mine pay really good attention about looks and grooming stuff. Even I do the same. I get attracted by the women or even kids with better dressing style. Then I try to copy the same on me or my DD. It is all about your passion to fashion.

4 people like this.