1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How long race goes on?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Iamagoodgirl, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Today my cousin sil's FIL expired.My mother in law informed me about it.I though of going my cousin SIL's home immediately to console her, so i told MIL that i will be leaving immediately.But to my surprise she told me there is no need to go and that she and FIL are going there.You can visit her after 2-3 days with husband.

I didnt know what to do so i called my mother.My mother told me to go there immediately ,doesnt matter what your mil said.So i went Dh's cousin sister place.After that my MIL came and she was surprise watching me there.So whole remaining day she kept explaining everyone why her DD couldn't make it.

So i came to know reason why my mil told me to not to come because it will then look bad that i immediately went to console cousin SIL but her DD couldn't.After that SIL came to know that i was there at her cousin sisters place whole day so she immediately changed her plan and decided to visit her cousin sister no matter how much late she gets.

I dont know how long this race of who is better between me and sil is going to continue.Its tiring, but i cant give up because its not me who is initiating it.I just dont have any option but to fight back.

How about you ladies?How many of you have competitive mil sil?How do you cope with it?Thanks for allowing me to rant.It has been tiring day.

1 person likes this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Whoa! How petty people could be! The best thing you can do is continue your considerate actions. And just remember your actions are not just put on for show but come from the heart... That is what will show the world that there is no contest; you simply are the better person.

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Just continue doing whatever you have to do. Let the mother-daughter duo wear themselves out trying to compete all the time. Imagine, the two must never have a moment of peace, what with being on their feet all the time, trying to be one up on you!

2 people like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You did the compassionate thing, to visit your cousin's place immediately. It is extremely cheap and petty of your in-laws to try to compete on such a sad occasion. Continue to do as your conscience tells you, and let them waste their energy on inanities.

3 people like this.
  5. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

This is EXACTLY what my mil would do. Manipulate me to cover their issues.

I can't tell you how much I HATE this kind of behaviour.

6. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

OP,

You are doing the right thing. Doing things out of love.

Regarding the race..let them win. Let them feel great that they have an awesome daughter and satisfy their ego.

We all need appreciation in our life and ego boosting once in a while. I would def. not look at in laws for offering me that. Focus on things like your career, personal interests to give you that boost

1 person likes this.
  7. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

Lol feel happy that you atleast got a clue what is to be done hereafter..ie do the opposite wat she says..if she asks you not to go anywer be there next moment..if she asks you to go somewer then avoid tat..:p :p..serves her right

8. tulip2012

tulip2012 Silver IL'ite

you did the right thing.. continue to do so.. it will make otehrs also to lead a better life and learning to be a betetr person( your SIL changed plans and came over rt)

all the very best.. you are infact forcing otehr people also to go in the right and just way!

1 person likes this.