things you considered in r2i

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by gankita, Jun 7, 2015.

1. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

For all those who r2i or planing on r2i, can you pls tell what all good things you considered in r2i.
    I personally feel I lack so much of emotional support here, no one to talk to and kids company..
    what made you to r2i?

2. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Gankita ,

All is in our minds... When we came here most of us came for money... Once our financial strength is taken care of , most of us continue to live here for the freedom and somewhat comfortable life that this foreign society gives us... Children get to learn many things... Even environment is clean compared to our own country, sadly..

If you really feel like going back , do not get confused.. Just pack and leave..
    no matter if you have achieved your purpose here or not...The grass will be always greener on the other side..
    You remember me saying the other day that when my son starts serious education we will (or at least I will ) go back ? That is still my idea..

That does not mean education here is bad. Yes my kid has got no "friend" in the neighborhood , nor I have any friends here.. But we will eventually find our system of support here..

I want to return because of him being away from his grandparents...They might not have much of life in them...I do not want my son to lose out on a golden opportunity of being with the elders, for all the love and affection and knowledge they have to share with him...That is one big factor in my mind that makes me decide going back ASAP..

Sometimes I felt very low here.. But I managed to overcome the loneliness by starting to chase my dreams, IL also played an important role...

...Once we get accustomed here , it might even be difficult for us to adjust there, but all that is temporary..

It is our home...Where we were born and brought up.. We feel comfortable there resulting in us becoming more productive parent and raising a happy child ...

These are my opinion...You only can decide the best for you... Only thing I wish to tell you is , whatever you decide either to return or to continue here, never regret the decision later... There will always be something to lose and something to gain..

Regards,

Pavithra

bron, mimmyme, FromMars and 1 other person like this.
  3. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

thanks for pouring your views.
    so nice of you.
    I have been longing to go back since many years, have to stay or come back due to dh.
    feel very lonely here.

4. gankita

gankita Silver IL'ite

5. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

@gankita , I am a SAHM...

Better find something to engage yourself...An idle mind is devil's workshop ... Just start doing things that you have stopped after marriage , child birth... Go check out your creative side...

To make friends with somebody on a foreign land might be difficult but not impossible. Find a desi society near your neighborhood, they will have state based associations I suppose, become a member, take part in their activities. You will definitely find like minded people.. or if you are religious even associate with your religious place that is near you.. Do not get stressed for this thing..You can always find someone to associate with..

If you are sure about going back, sit and talk with your husband the whys and when .. Get his help in handling the insecurities that you have here ... You both should be giving each other emotional support, even if you are back in India.. All other family members can only be there for us in ultimate situations , not always... Self help is the best help..

Cheer up and enjoy what you have got at this moment... Stop worrying take control of life here.. You have the most important thing that actually matters here , family , your husband and child(ren)... All others will follow if you actually go in search of it..

We get what we seek and when we seek... Happiness lies within us...

Regards,

Pavithra

Anikarthik and mimmyme like this.
  6. smuruga

smuruga Senior IL'ite

I want to do R2I because I am more worried about my daughter's married life. It's not that I am against her marrying any American/or any nationality. I always think only some girls have real talent to choose a right life partner either in India/US and to sustain their marriage life. Some girls date/but they don't know to make the guy get ready for marriage. I have seen many girls in my friend circle who are well educated, beautiful, financially independent yet not married. They are facing lots of issue in getting married. The reason is because they are living in US and are having few options/choices for marriage. Even their parents couldn't do arrange marriage for these girls because the guys in India are reluctant to marry these girls. The guys these girls meetup here in US are not ready for commitment. I can see how much stress for them in life, though these girls have everything in US. I don't want my daughter to go through such stress. I want to see my daughter happy more than anything. A happy stable marriage is very important for anyone(girl/boy) and I feel if she grew up in India, it's easier for her future life. Please share your views.

3 people like this.
  7. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

well said @pavithraS

@gankita

make new friends...involve yourself in different activities.
    What i liked most abroad is you can chose friends...with you like to spend time. And once you are bonded...they are like your family..more than that