Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt response, Mrs.Chithra.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sunitha, your ikons are "divine" !

Dear Sunitha, Thankyou for the feedback.
    For pineapple rasam sugar syrup can be omitted. Use fresh, ripe fruit chopped fine & try.
    If tomato rice was mushy, probably the rice used does not take much water. This is a grainy rice. So,fry tomatoes also, till fairly dry & try using less water as well.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Thankyou, Ami

Dear Ami, Thanks for the feedback. Your feedbacks encourage me to share more & more.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

superb competition between rava & MM dosas!!

That is so nice of you, Mrs.Chithra.

Anyways, prepared besan sambar tonight for dinner with rava dosa for dinner. I had already besan sambar, but this time, as you said, substituted 50/50 with besan & mel kootu maavu and hence, the result came out good.

And, for rava dosa, it was really great. And, the taste is like hotel dosas only!! My son enjoyed on seeing such a big dosa. But, have some queries.

What is the normal time or should I keep the flame in high or medium? Since the batter is very watery, the shape is not coming perfect round like our regular dosa. Is that how it will be? Initially, added oil all over the edges just to get the brown color; but, later, realized that it came out without adding that much of oil. So, what is the exact procedure? As my dosa tava is very big, it looks like that I can pour more than a karandi; but, when I do like that, the center portion is getting more batter and came out little thicker at the center (but, edges were cripsy)for a couple of dosas.

Sorry to load you up with too many silly doubts.

Thanks for yr time and patience.

5. Chitvish

Thankyou, Ami

Dear Ami, There are just one or two nuances, in making rava dosai. I shall post the same in tips, since everybody can see it.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

6. sumok

sumok New IL'ite

Mrs Chitra,

Is there an alternative to gelatin. Some say China grass is. I dont want to use gelatin being a vegetarian. Pl suggest.

7. Chitvish

It is in the tips.

Hello Sumok,
    I have given "vegetarian substitute for gelatin" in tips, which please refer to.
    Regards,
    Chithra.

8. Rushna nigar

Rushna nigar New IL'ite

Wonderful recipe

Dear Chitra ji,
    What a woderful recipe !
    You are really a good expert of sweets do i know.I have tried today found very delicious, my family also liked it and you know they insist to ask more recipes.
    I have heard about moong daal kher with jaggery but not taste yet.Could u pls give another good recipe.
    Regards,
    Rushna Nigar.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2005
  9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

currymapodi!!

Hi Mrs.Chithra,

Prepared the podi for vazhakkai curry and it tasted very authentic or closer to the marriage preparation curry!! Whatever it may be, many thanks for making my daughter too to taste it.

Also, one of my folk tried yr adai recipe and she said that it was much much better than the usual ones.

Rgds.

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

queries.........

Dear Chitra,

Prepared Ginger Thokku. I'd never tasted this b4. It came out just great.
    Just one query, according to ur recipe, the no of red chillies were 25-30 and I just added 10 spicy chillies and another 8 not-so spicy (bedagi) ones and still it is very hot. Did u mean 25-30 not so spicy chillies ?

also, Is thokku eaten along with curd rice alone or is it a side dish for rice????

and now for the Cardamon & saffron syrup - tried this too.
    I added 1.25 gms of saffron and somehow this flavour is stronger than cardamom & pepper.. Is that the way it shld be. I haven't tried all ur options. I only tried the one with cold water and ice cube and the saffron flavour seems to be stronger. Can I add some more cardamom powder now and heat it so the flavors are balanced??????????

thank you once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.