1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have started hating vacations!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sweetestshweta, Jun 4, 2015.

1. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear..
    Short term cook they only will have to find because I don't know anyone there.They have servants but whenever we are visiting,the cook is on leave..I guess she runs away seeing the big mela of 10-12 people:rotfl

I thought of Taking my cook along by paying some extra bucks but It'll become a habit and poor cook will all the day be in kitchen only.I generally send my servants on leave when we are going out so that they don't go on leave when we are here..This will be one arrangement everyone is going to love..

2. sweetestshweta

Sweety127..Thanks dear..

I am going to do the same..Smart and lazy:thumbsup

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

:shock: !
    If I pulled this line at my SIL's house my brother would be the first to chase me out!

4. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Shweta,
    Try cooking a little more when u cook for ur LO..And have the pending food saying you don't like to waste...that way you can have home food and not slog at the same time..

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

SS....since the house is sil's now....let her host.
    Stay busy with your kid.Sit down with others and chat in whatever language you can.....they will start conversing in the same.If not ...lie down with them with a book .

Learn to say things like....
    " sil...you have done up the house well.....so what are we getting for lunch today? "So what is the host making today"....
    "mil praises your cooking so much....we should also get to taste it"
    You can tell sil...."mil seems to be busy in YOUR kitchen,"

Don't go to the kitchen....if mil needs help,she can call her daughter to help...or maybe next time they will not give off to the maids.

If husband expects you to cook or help.....just smile and tell him you are on your vacation and need time off to freshen up....

6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

sweeetestshweta

I cant add more to the tricks to handle these problems - just wanted to point you to one resource for feeding your baby healthy food -

Take the ready mixes detailed in this post - make in advance at your own kitchen and carry

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/recipe-central/272600-how-do-you-keep-your.html#post3565299

Take a 2 or 3 liter cooker - tell it is for your baby - make a little more and you eat the leftovers - you dont like wasting food na :)

7. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

at a time avoid going to that place.so that in your absence someone will take that responsibility.

8. sweetestshweta

Hello all..
    This forum has been my constant anchor and torch bearer at the same time.. I first try to myself solve the small and big problems of my personal life-the ones which I can’t share with anyone else.But when I feel exhausted and I am out of clues and solutions,I come running here for the expert advise by the lovely members here.And always,always I get the support and guidance.
    Thank you all for being there.Because of small baby,office and perpetual MIL-SIL problem,I am not able to be as much active on the forum as I would want to be.

Today I am writing here in continuation with my earlier post.I didn't want to start a new thread for the same problem..
    Right Now the whole family is here at our place for vacations-MIL,SIL and her kids,BIL-cosis and their kid..Everything is hunky dory.MIL and SIL are behaving all coochy coo for my DD as well as my DH and BIL.Everyone is pretending as though nothing has happened.Although the whole time there has been one problem or the other tossed by both ladies.
    Eventually,after a lot of crying and sobbing and arguing,SIL has shifted to a new place.MIL,just to keep that house,said that she wants to stay there although she doesn’t stay there much.Last month,MIL got some claim money(my deceased FIL’s)..I doubt she has spent it all on SIL. This sunday, we were all sitting and SIL,smiling,said to DH and BIL that she has bought some ear rings and rings and she needs to pay the amount.It was decided that she will get the rental money of an ancestral property to pay that.
    No one even rebuked her or asked her why did she buy it! And that too after she has spent so much on shifting!
    I later had a major argument with my DH.He said-We are giving her a definite sum.Over and above that,if she spends,it’s none of our business.Yes,if we have to dig our pockets more than our monthly sum,we should object.
    Now,my point is-why don’t we ever get any share in the agricultural and residential rents?My MIL takes it all,she gets pension and no one asks her where is she spending.Over and above that,whenever SIL incurs such shopping etc,she gets it either from us or BIL or from the rents..
    Shouldn’t my MIL also contribute to SIL’s expenditure?
    We take care of their monthly expenses and although more than that,because of my rebellion,we are not asked to pay but,MIL and SIL are using all the other money to buy jewellery and other luxury items.I asked DH that are we fools?They make us pay for their necessities and use the other money for luxuries.I can’t buy anything for me like costly perfumes,clothes or jewels because we give SIL a substantial part from our income whereas she keeps buying these for herself.She isn’t working and yet she more than double of my jewellery,courtesy all these tricks and MIL..
    I want to start this conversation when all are sitting.That when we are putting a share,shouldn’t MIL too?Or that SIL should work?I am so much fuming and was very upset.My good friend and colleague who noticed this,asked me and I told her.She said-although its very unfair but seeing the reluctance of your family to discuss or do anything about these issues,you will only come out as a villain and still you’ll not get any results.
    I am so much angry.We have although bought a flat and are paying EMIs but my blood boils to see how MIL and SIL splurge on everything.While they get monthly share from us and BIL,and also rents and pension of MIL,we get nothing.
    My contention is-either we should also get share from ancestral rent and also a share in ancestral property or we should be absolved from paying for her monthly expenditure.
    I know legally we have a share but in a couple of properties,my BIL and DH have withdrawn their share(MIL brainwashed them) and rest others-MIL has very smartly put names of BIL,DH ,SIL and her own.So,her share will also go to SIL..
    Its very unfair and no matter how much I try,they are neither going to discuss this nor will do anything about this blood sucking mechanism.
    And on top of that,we never are asked or told where are they spending?Like the claim money,I am sure MIL has given it to SIL or she has bought some jewel;;very for SIL but we will never be told . If asked,she’ll say she needed it for something.And BIL and DH feel its her money.She can do whatever she wants.
    Any suggestions please?I am not even able to concentrate on work.Sometimes I feel like blasting everyone.Any kind of help will be highly appreciated..

9. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

ur sil n mil will never dicuss these matters and will never agree to share the rent money with.....the moment u will start the discussion emotional drama will start and everything else will take back seat....
    nothing can happen untill ur husband feels the same like u....at most u can keep on repeating this infront of ur husband....may be his mind registers some of it....or u can put ur foot down and stop spending ur salary on anything ....be it household expenses or emi....u can say until unless financial arrangements become fair u will not give a penny of ur salary.....ur sil doesnt feel the need to earn....she doesnt bring a penny than nobody shukd expect u to earn money and spend it on them....
    if sil has the right to be taken care of completely by the males of family....so u have the same.....

1 person likes this.