IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. deepthisini

deepthisini Gold IL'ite

Hello vasumathy
    can u pm me ur no. Or gmail id.iif u dont mind.waiting for ur reply

2. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

@vasumathy

hi..how are you and your little one? missed you all these days dear!

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

HI @abby123

I just finished IVF and conceived through FET.

What your doctor is doing is perfect procedure.

Even for me after IVF i was hyper stimulated and Fresh cycle
    transfer was not done and embryo was transferred in FET

WE used it to do embryo transfer in two batches.

1st FET was failure (B and D grade transfers)

2nd FET success and pregnant now .(A grade transferS)

IF they dont stimulate enough you wont produce more eggs.
    Its always better to have more eggs, because only few (sometimes all)
    gets fertilized, and not all will be A grades.

And trust me FET always gives more success rates then Fresh cycle.

After embryo transfer just be on complete bed rest till you get Results.

ALL the best.

4. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

@Nithya001

I am not aware of Varicocele surgery.

Is problem only with your dh ? you dont have pcos and all ?
    Has doctor confirmed if not for your dh issue can you conceive
    without medical help?

If its problem only with your dh you can try doing His surgery
    then after surgery you can probably try naturally for 6 months.

If it dint click you have to again resort to IVF+ICSI only.

So i suggest do several samples of semen and doctor
    can decide if it can yeild good semen to fertilise a egg..

But in IVF+ICSI doctors take several semen sample, and
    after sperm wash, they will ensure they will get few good
    sample of Semen which might be enough to fertilize your egg..
    If you produce more eggs, you will have good chances
    you will get few good quality embryos..

You dont have to quit job, plan this way.

Till embryo transfer you dont need any leaves or rest.

Once embryo transfer is done, take 15days leave till pregnancy
    results are confirmed... Take full rest during 2ww.

If pregnancy is confirmed, ask your mother or mother-in-law to
    come at least for 15days-1month.

During that time find a Cook, and maid for your house hold help.

travelling 60kms to and fro is NEVER advisable if you conceive
    through IVF, you have to quit job if you conceive.

May be you can put leave or work from home till 1st 3 months of pregnancy.
    After that once its established pregnancy better quit dont take risk.

All the best.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I will PM you. BUt my responses will be little slower than the older days. Hope you can understand it.

We are good dear. Hope the same with you.
    Life has been very busy with LO, personal commitments and other stuffs. Hope i will find some time to be active here.. Take care.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies..

6. vidhya1984

vidhya1984 Bronze IL'ite

Hello dear ladies,
    I have been a long time silent observer on IL. Just wanted to share my IVF success story with you all - long post alert! All my prayers and good wishes to all of you in the TTC journey from a sister in the same boat...

Little bit about me: 31 years old now .. married almost 8 years now.. TTC from almost 2 years into married life.. with relatives who started expecting good news almost right from the day I was married... :drowning .... initially both DH and I worked in U.S and then moved to Canada...

We went for fertility counselling in U.S for me and found out I had bad TSH levels... So went on medication for that and was hoping that things would work out... We were also struggling with 2 careers, long work hours.. and stressing out about even talking to relatives in India who would always ask "what good news.. what good news?"...

In the midst of all this we had to move to Canada coz of visa issues and this whole TTC thing went to the back burner bcoz of our own stress, searching new jobs etc.. finally we got settled in and started looking again for clinic and doctor options...

One of the luckiest things that happened is that we are now in a city in Canada where they have a very good fertility clinic...we set up an appointment with the clinic.. and this time ran tests for both DH and me... Found out my TSH levels were still not under control so revised the medication.. did a HSG test as well... and found out no big issues in my uterus...DH had motility and morphology issues.. Our doctor ( who I now think of as a guardian angel) was very frank with us and said given our reports, we had a 20 to 30% chance with IVF...and with DH morphology issues, they recommended ICSI as well...

We decided to go with IVF+ICSI - did a nasal spray and hormone injections every day to encourage super ovulation - on egg retrieval day - 40 follicles... only 12 eggs retrieved...:shaking:... they successfully did ICSI with the 12 eggs...and then the waiting and dailly phone calls started...day 1 - 10 embryos, day 2 - 7 embryos, by day 3, we had 5 viable ones..... both DH and I were scared about waiting till 5 days but our doctor had initially said best chance was with a 5 day embryo....we opted to go for a 2 embryo transfer .. on day 5... we still had 5.. big sigh of relief...

did the implantation and then the two week wait started... i did not have any vacation time.. so went to work and would worry all day...

took an early pregnancy test on 8 days after the embryo transfer.... saw a faint faint faint line.. DH was convinced i was imagining it...console1.... but the good guy knew not to say it!!! :coffee......took another one two days later... and saw a strong positive.... hugsmiley....

had a totally uneventful first trimester...we were so scared that we told people only after 5 months... told my mom and dad only at three months...

now, we have a lovely little baby boy and sometimes when I look at him, I dont see all the struggle we went through and all the emotional stress... I only thank God we had the strength to go for the treatment we needed!!!

We now have 3 frozen embryos and will try for a second one this year..

This is the first time I have shared my story to anyone outside of 2 or 3 people...
    I only hope it brings strength to anyone in the TTC journey... Be strong! Be brave!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    9 people like this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Vidhya. :) Its good to hear your success story!
    GOD bless your LO!
    Enjoy motherhood.
    Take care.

8. hopebelief

hopebelief Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

We are planning to go for ICSI next month for which the procedure will start in another 10days in this month itself. Very tensed and scared to do it. My husband has very low sperm count (varies from 1 to 4 million) and for me, issue was fibroids though it was not actually a problem for pregnancy.Fibroids removed using Laproscopy and confirmed no tube blocks too. Otherwise docs didnt find any major issue in me.

In this case, any possible chances that I would conceive with ICSI. what is the diff between ICSI and IVF+ICSI. Actually Im working and how should i take rest and diet chart please. Please advise as im really scared.

9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

ICSI is just one additional procedure in the IVF cycle. It is done in cases of low sperm count and motility. The sperm is directly injected into the egg by the embryologist to maximize the chances of fertilization.
    if the sperm counts motility are normal then the eggs and sperm will be placed together and the sperm will move towards the egg on its own.
    Eat a healthy diet and take a good prenatal vitamin with folic acid. You can continue your regular routine during IVF. You may need some time to recover after egg retrieval, and they will give you instructions for after the embryo transfer.

10. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

@hopebelief - Hi dear.. First of all, relax and have faith in God. I am sailing in the same boat, and did ICSI last month. Though I have not yet transferred the embryo. Even my DH had low sperm count (4 mil) and I was not having any problem apart from hypothyroidism which is under control with medicine.

You do not have to take any rest, rather make sure that you exercise well during the initial days. That is before taking the egg simulation injection. Believe me it has helped me a lot. During egg simulation phase I used to go for mild walking. Take good and healthy food and avoid outside foods. Also my Doc advised me to avoid any food that cause heat, as the medicines increase the heat in our body.
    So the list which I avoided were: chicken, ice-cream, mango, papaya, pineapple, jackfruit, potato.
    And the food I included – Vegetables, almond, lots of milk and curd, ragi and anything healthy.

Take care and this too will pass soon. You are in my prayers. Feel free to ask any doubt.