1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent: Divorce lawyer/ attorney in Hyderabad expereinced in US law

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by catchaparna, May 27, 2015.

1. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

Hi, sorry if there is another forum for divorce issues.

Immediate need for a divorce and child custody attorney in hyderabad, who is familiar with US Law.

Please let me know the contacts if any of you know anyone.

Thank you
    K

2. catchaparna

catchaparna New IL'ite

Sorry, this is Tripura lot of people mistake for Aparna from my username.

We have some difference of opinions in everything almost and he recently filed for divorce in the U.S. He currently in the US ( I'm in India with my toddler for last few months), and has about four different lawyers helping him whereas I just started looking for one.

Are you into law or have a reference?

T

3. SimpleStraight

SimpleStraight Silver IL'ite

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@catchaparna - I think you need an attorney in the state your DH has filed for divorce. You need to do it asap. If you don't respond to his summons the court may grant him divorce and then you will have a VERY hard time regarding alimony and child support. Indian lawyers cannot do anything about a divorce proceeding in the U.S. U.S. Courts do grant divorce even if you don't answer summons. Lawyer up with a lawyer licenced in the state you were a resident of to represent you and ensure your rights are protected.

Dont wait for courts in India to get you justice. Alimony is better dealt with in the U.S. Call your friends back in the U.S. Ask them for attorney referrals. I'm sure someone knows someone who used a divorce lawyer. I hope you have funds to pay the lawyer.

L

5. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

@Laks09 gave good advice. In most of the US states there is "non-fault" divorce so you do not need a reason to get the divorce granted and if the other party does not reply in time the divorce is granted. It is important to have representation there to take care of the custody, child support, alimony and division of the property. Usually in US the property is divided 50/50 if there are not prenup agreement. In worst case he is granted divorce with zero alimony/child support, joint custody and he keeps all property.