Recommended airlines for parent travelling from India to austin,TX

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by rsasr, May 29, 2013.

1. rsasr

rsasr New IL'ite

Hi,

Could someone please suggest best airlines from Bangalore to Austin 2-ways for my father.As there are not direct flights with one stop from Bangalore to Austin,TX i am considering Lufthansa or Airfrance( both with 2 stops though).Am not sure which one of these airlines would be better for aged parent in terms of travel time, connection flight time, comfortable seats,transit to connecting flight within airport etc... Anyone who has any experience or idea please suggest.

2. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

rsasr,

Not sure if you're still looking for answers for your query. If so, I liked Emirates a lot. Some of our relatives flew through emirates and everyone loved it. I don't know if there is a service between b'lore to austin. But there is one between chennai to houston with one stop in singapore (most of the time).

I also heard there are lot of airlines fly from/to Dallas. You'll get good deals if you look airlines from Houston or Dallas. I didn't have great experience in Lufthansa and I don't know about Airfrance service.

3. vani

vani Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I have heard about direct flights from Chennai to Austin by British Airways during last Summer. Has anyone taken it? How hectic or convenient it is, especially for aged parents compared to having 1-stop and changing flights?

Regards,
    Vani

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Vani,

If the parents are aged and have problem walking, then I wouldn't recommend British airlines. Couple of my friends' parents flew through emirates and all had issues in getting wheel chairs even though they pre-booked it.

I like emirates and my relatives didn't have any problem in flying through emirates. The only problem is, if you fly to Austin directly, there will be 2 stops.

5. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

For parents we have always found Emirates / Qatar airways to be the best bet for the following reasons:

1. Spacious leg room
    2. Most air-hostess (from Chennai to Dubai/Doha) can understand Hindi/Tamil/Telugu
    3. Dubai/Doha airports are less complex to handle change-over for parents compared to Frankfurt/Heathrow
    4. 1-leg is small and quick, while the other leg is a little long but they are excited to see us so don't mind :)

We have never had good experience with British Airlines and have never risked it for parents. Agree with Uma, if they fly to Austin, they will still have a connection in Houston to Austin.