June 2015 Mommies! Please Join

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by dsmenon, Nov 1, 2014.

1. divyamsriram

divyamsriram Bronze IL'ite

Great to see so many updates from all you ladies. I am working until the month end as well (WFH). I have a growth scan next week followed by a doctor's appointment. I have been having internal checks since 25 weeks as I have the stitch. Its an uncomfortable experience lasting for a few minutes, but atleast for me, it gives me reassurance each time the doctor says that the stitch is holding.

@mrithulanaren - Yes, our dates are very close ; good luck to you too..
    @rekas - Your hospital bag looks good, I have also started the packing, even though it is a bit early for me; but given my situation, I would like to be prepared. Plus, I have to pack for 2 babies and so, it is quite a task :)

What is all your advice on the breastfeeding supplies for a hospital bag? I dont want to buy a pump etc now without knowing how much supply I have/how difficult it would be for feeding 2 babies. But, if there is something that I need to buy, please advise. Currently, I am clueless on that department.

2. rekas

rekas Silver IL'ite

@divyamsriram- i thought you would have packed by this time.. even regarding to breast pump im confused to buy.. as i dont know whether i can produce milk after delivery... will decide after a month.. as my company mostly wont provide extension on leave after ML after a month will decide and buy breast pump accordingly.

2 people like this.
  3. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Now it self it is a lil difficult for me to drive. The seat belt chokes me as it sit on my neck.. Also, i am becoming big and anybody who sees me thinks i am ready to give birth.. I guess my manager is a lil worried what if i go into labor while at work. So they are very lenient... :) Guess being the only female in the team helps...

4. serenemom

serenemom Senior IL'ite

Hi dsmenon, I was in the same situation while driving . My commute to work is 1.5 hrs round trip and I plan to work till due date. So I decided to make it comfortable as possible. I purschased a lumbar support pillow from homedics, and my hubby got me this velvety soft wrap thing that goes around ur seatbelt. Also I pushed my seat all the way back to accomodate my growing belly. thanks to my long legs.
    Regarding breast pump ladies, I bought the MEDELA advanced pump in style breastpump that had very good reviews. This might be weird but I also got the breastpump bra to enable myself hands free while pumping. My friends recommended it. I plan to return to work in couple of months after delivery and hence got this.
    [h=3][/h]

1 person likes this.
  5. riyasen2015

riyasen2015 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I need some urgent help with gestational diabetes levels as they are still high at times while I am in 37th week. I have posted under 'Pregnancy & Labor' forum with all details. I would really appreciate if someone can help me to see if I should take meds or still work with diet

Thanks and Best Wishes to all of you !
    Riya

6. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Even i got Medela. Still waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for the info on the bra. I need to get those too..

Regarding seatbelt nothing helps.. I am petite and hence whatever i do seat belt sits on my neck.. :p

7. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Only 5 more weeks to go!!

These days i am so tired all i want to do is sleep all the time. I just sit somewhere comfortably and there it is nap time for me.. :)

I cannot go for long walks too. Back starts hurting, out of breath. Now i am not exercising ( i used to go for walks stopped it since last 2 days) that much i know it is not right but my body is not helping..

How are you ladies feeling?

1 person likes this.
  8. rekas

rekas Silver IL'ite

@dsmenon our due date club is very silent...

me- same like you tired tired and damn tired, heartburn and getting prickling sensation periods pain sensation now a days.

feeling sleepy at office.. but having lots of work to handover... now a days in office im quickly finishing my lunch followed by small nap in my desk.

home im always in sofa (lying on that) not doing any jobs due to backpain and pelvic pain..

1 person likes this.
  9. divyamsriram

divyamsriram Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Nothing much to update from my end. I completed 32 weeks (a big milestone for me) a couple of days back. I have a growth scan on Friday and a doc appointment on Saturday. I will get some idea on when the c-section would be planned for me during the appointment. Hopefully, the babies are close to 2 kgs each. 4 more weeks to go for me!! I completed my hospital bag packing this week.

Physically, I feel extremely uncomfortable. Tossing between sides during sleep is a big problem for me as I cant lie in one position for long. I feel one baby in each side and so, beyond a point, no position is comfortable. I am super exhausted as well. All I want to do is lie down and nap.. I am finishing up my office work as well, next week is my last week at work.

As the days move by, I have varying emotions - of excitement and nervousness. I am not scared of the c-section, but I have always been somebody who is uncomfortable with anaesthesia. I am an anxious person by nature and so, spinal block is not something I am comfortable with. The last time I had it with the cervical stitch, i created a huge drama in the OT saying I am not able to breathe etc and had a mini panic attack. So, I am mentally getting myself prepared for another spinal block experience in the next 1 month :) Hopefully, my husband's presence in the OT might calm me down a little bit.

4 people like this.
  10. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

I guess it is the tiredness that made our club quieter.. :)

Yesterday evening was a lil scary for me.. I had cramps in the lower ab on and off and even my groin was pinching me like anything. But after a while like an hour and half i went away.