Tamil ritual: Naming ceremony in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Hyderabad' started by subramanyamca, Nov 15, 2010.

1. subramanyamca

subramanyamca New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm looking for a tamil priest to do a naming ceremony for my second child? Where can I find the priest and any idea how much they would charge?

Also, since I am married to a telugu - I'm looking forward to perform SatyaNarayana Vratham - for which I would be looking for a priest. Any idea how much it would cost for this too?

Thanks,
    Subramanyam.

2. sharon ganesh

sharon ganesh New IL'ite

Hello,

We had our son's Ayush homan at home and called the priest from Sgandagiri temple. Four of them came and pooja was excellent. If required they arrange for food too. We paid for the priest and catering together and it charged us Rs.7500/-. Most of the post samagari was purchased by them. Moreover the pooja was in tamil.

Hope this might help u.

Sharon

3. subramanyamca

subramanyamca New IL'ite

Thanks Sharon. How long was the naming ceremony? Do you have any contact numbers of the priests at Skandagiri temple? What food was offered as part of catering and for how many do you think that catering food would suffice? Or was the catering food arranged for specific number of people we tell them.

4. Rupsats

Rupsats New IL'ite

Hi
    Can anybody help me with info regarding tamil vadhyars in hyderabad? We want to have a tamil wedding for my bro in law in hyderabad. Please share details of pandits who can perform tamil wedding. Had been to Skandgiri temple but in vain.