Sterling holidays - Can we trust???

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Luvpavi, May 6, 2015.

1. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Recently i came across the various offers for sterling holiday membership for 25 years. Seeing that i made an enquiry and a person came home to explain the rules.
    The person explained the membership policies in such a way that we felt like applying for the membership immediately and roam all around the world in very reasonable cost. :cheers

But then again, we parked the decision for couple of days to come back from the dream world and think of what is it in reality.

The pros in the sterling offer:
    1. They say we can save upto 1 lakh if we become a member in this promo period.
    2. We can spend in INR in India and outside India
    3. Get to stay in all 4 and 5 star hotels with full luxury and less cost
    4. Can plan for a vacation just a day in advance and they will be able to arrange everything for us.

Cons:
    There are few cons which i read in the other blogs and sites.
    1. We dont get the hotel vacancy during the date and time that we require. Always they reply back saying its full
    2. There are many additional hidden charges which are not disclosed before
    3. The tariff keeps changing and increasing without any prior intimation
    4. The quality of service is not that great.

Now i am confused to take a decision. Are there any one out here who have taken this sterling holiday membership?
    1. Is it trust worthy?
    2. Are they customer friendly?
    3. Is it economical ?

Friends please pour in your experience and suggestions. Need to take decision accordingly:thankyou2:

2. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

101 views but '0' reply :-(

Friends please help me. Give me your suggestions soon as the offer ends in 2 days

3. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

HI Pavithra,

I am not aware of Sterling holidays, but if you are interested then you should talk to the marketing person about your concerns. Ask him to include these terms in the agreement before signing it. Based on their response you can take a call.

These days we travellers are spoilt for choice by websites like makemytrip, so there will always be an offer.

1 person likes this.
  4. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

NO Trustworthy...i did my training in sterling resorts. i will write you later in detail. i am going somewhere.but don't take membership

1 person likes this.
  5. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

@PriyaSrini : Thanks a lot for replying for my query. I agree with you, there are many offers in many websites. That is a very good option which needs to be considered.

When i spoke to the marketting person, he is not ready to give the oral statement in written agreement. When questioned he simply replied "everything is a matter of trust madam. We cant give everything in written format. That is how the business works."

6. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

@chocogal26: Thanks for the feedback. Will be waiting for your detailed writing, until then i will park the things.

7. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Money matters is not based on trust. Have you considered club mahindra holidays? I am not aware of that either but so far I haven't heard anything negative about it.

8. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP....I did my summer training in sterling resorts . Theirs marketing person will give you lots of attractive positive points this n that.

Pros : Theirs resorts are really good n well maintained.
    Cons : Problem is the availability. Your chances of getting availability will be very less in holidays almost nil. In all public holidays resorts will not be available.
    Waiting list will be there. you will hardly get availability. and definitely hidden charges will be there and you will be aware of it after you stayed in resorts.

Pros :- Mostly resorts are maintained .
    Cons :- Availability is the biggest issue in this resorts .
    Hidden charges there for sure.

I suggest don't go for it .

9. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

I have heard about it but never checked. Will enquire and see if that works good.

And what you say is true. MOney is not based on trust. Tomorrow he is not going to give one day extra stay for me because of trust.

1 person likes this.