TTC progress & two weeks wait... Part-II

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. vijayabalaji04

vijayabalaji04 New IL'ite

no problem it is natural dont confuse

2. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

@ramyahari2009

Did your doctor check if you ovulate regularly before prescribing medication for reducing prolactin. If not, ask your doctor for a 21 day progesterone test.

Further TSH should be less than 2 for conception. Have you gotten an HSG done?

Usually that is the next step if bloodwork and SA are normal.

3. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

@vidyashankari

Sorry dear, not much idea about OPKs. I used isure a couple of times, however I could never get the surge. I always missed it. From then I stuck to Follicular study,

4. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

@tarasharma,

Yes , i've undergone HSG 3 years back and the results came normal.

Problem with me if i take cabergoline for 4 weeks and then test my prolactin level is normal and then aftersome time the levels get elevated........again i need to take prolactin and then it comes normal

I'm taking homeo now and prolactin is bit high, i told the homeo doc if i can take allopathy tablet for high prolactin , she's says by taking that the level will come normal but ur body wont produce hormone naturally and she says it will get reduced by the homeo tabs i'm taking....

Actually the homeo doc whom i'm consulting is good, she follows a very logical treatment is wat i feel

Any suggestions you can give me on this?

I'm totally frustrated taking all medicines & injections in the past have had enough dont when my struggle will come to an end

Also 2 years back my weight was 67, now its 73

I do 30-45 minutes of physical activity 3-4 times in a week, also i travel to ofc by bus and from bus stop to ofc i take a 10-15 mins, use stairs in ofc

At home also i dont hv maid and do all house cleaning by myself but inspite of all this my weight has not reduced an inch also :bang

5. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@ramyahari2009

Even I am facing the same prob like you dear...Gaining my weight very much worried about it...I even stopped consulting doc,my DH told once you lose weight everything will be sorted out..He is very much worried cing me going to doc regularly..thats why I didnot even go after the follicular study to the doc to c whether they are ruptured or not..I am totally confused...bcoz of thyroid normally v gain weight dear.....keep an eye on the food you eat..I was 78 kgs before my marriage...but bcoz of excercise and diet I have reduced 9kgs...diet is also very much imp dear...

6. EagerMom

EagerMom Gold IL'ite

@vidyashankari - arent u going with icsi this cycle?
    Anyways regarding ur O query:
    I havent used OPKs but as far I have heard..one needs to consider the darkest line of the day as the highest O surge. Keep testing within a gap of 12hrs. E.g if u take ur first OPK at 7am, the next shd be at 7pm. This is coz sometimes, few women have a very short surge and misses it when used in a gap of 24hrs.
    If u find using so many OPKs expensive, a combination of BBT is a wise option. What does ur temp indicate? If u cud share ur temps/chart with me (u cud pm me) I cud try to help u with that.

@sindhu3006- Good to see the change u!!:)

@ramyahari2009 - were u tracking ur O date this cycle? Sorry abt me being of no help regarding ur treatments.
    Regarding ur wt loss..have u tried skipping (the cycling way). Thats the quickest, simplest way to lose wt apart from using a treadmill. If not, try giving it a shot. Start with 100skips/day and increase it to 300. I understand for a working married women, finding time to exercise religiously wud be difficult..but it just takes 10 mins/day to complete 100skips... try it out for 2 weeks atleast and see the difference
    Maybe its just ur wt that is causing the hindrance to ur TTC journey.

@rmuramka- how long will u both be staying away from each other? i believe not for too long, and u will join him soon. It's an absolute rubbish thought that ur vent wud be demoralizing the rest of us here:rant.
    I do remember u saying abt ur ILs & parents are aging & having health probs. So its just the both of u'll sharing the TTC struggle with each other.
    Even I was mum for this very reason with my mom. But when I thot i had yet another CP this cycle, I just bursted everythn out to my mom..I felt sooo relieved after that. Yes, she was worried like hell abt me since then since its a rare sight for her to see me crying. But then ultimately mom is mom. They will always be worrying abt us..TTC or somethn else. If possible, try to disclose it to ur sis/mom whom u believe will keep it within themselves and be supportive abt it. It will reduce ur stress & who knows she might even be able to suggest u the best solution to ur issues

7. vidyashankari

vidyashankari Platinum IL'ite

@eagermom,

How are you dear?How is your nausea?Hope you and your LO are doing good.

i am planning to go for ICSI after june.Preparing mentally,physically and financially for it.

Regarding BBT.I am using the normal thermometer si i dont know how accurate my reading are.I have 29 days cycle.

CD2-96.2
    3------95.9
    4------96.3
    5------96.8
    6------96.2
    7-------97.1
    8--------96.5
    9--------96.5
    10-------96.2
    11-------96.3
    12-------97.1
    13--------96.5

Waiting for your reply.
    take care.

8. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

@Ramyahari2009

Its good you have access to a good homeo doc. See, In some gals, prolactin hinders with ovulation, so if you are ovulating properly, there is no reason to take the prolactin tablet. Ignore the high levels. Some females fall pregnant even when prolactin levels are very high i.e. in case of breastfeeding.

So that is why I asked you if you have taken the CD21 progesterone test. It is used to test ovulation.

As regards to weight loss, I firmly believe as long as you eat healthy and exercise 2-3 times a week, conception will happen. Weight should not be a hindrance provided you eat good food and exercise a couple of times a week.

@Eagermom has suggested skipping. It is a good exercise. You don't even need a rope. Just imagine you have a rope and jump.

Just relax dear, you are doing all you can. In the end, he only decides. He is creating a special baby for you :)

@Eagermom :- I always thought OPKs were too be used in the afternoon. Is that not the case?

9. Sindhu3006

Sindhu3006 Gold IL'ite

@eagermom
    Yes dear...started to think evrythng in a positive way...having the confidence that I will share gud news with u guys very soon...

Let me know how can we know the ovulation time by using BBT..even I will start usingit from next month...

10. RamyaHari2009

RamyaHari2009 Silver IL'ite

@Eagermom,

I have a elleptical machine at home like orbitrek - hope you must have seen those ads in TV

I do that regurlarly and then i do 5-6 rounds of Suryanamaskars and some yoga poses

I used to do Skipping earlier but have stopped it

Looks like i need to start again