1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which school to choose in Delhi if a switch is needed ?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Happy2be, May 2, 2015.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

DD is in Presidium Dwarka, New Delhi. Due to some fee matters and few other issues, I am just thinking over about other good schools in Dwarka. Delhite moms, plz suggest with your reasons.

What I like about Presidium -
    1. No unnecessary study burden on kids, be it HW, holiday HW.
    2. There are regular assessments, just enough for the kid.
    3. Not mush burden on moms. The study culture and style is interesting and kids usually understand in class if are paying attention.
    4. Teachers are not too strict as used to be in our schools :)
    5. Light atmosphere, activities are fine.

Yes, not extraordinary but I feel in those fixed hours of school, there's no scope for including more than this and also learning much depends upon the kid but yes usually those kids only reach competition levels who are parallely learning from outside school.

Points worrying me now -
    1. Yes the kids are growing but the kind of attention and care they used to get form the teachers and maids is not closer to what it is now. Still I keep telling DD that's because you kids are growing now and over pampering is not good and you need to learn to be independent.
    2. They charge annual and development charges every year at session change and that is undesirable.
    3. I'm not sure of other schools of this level, but here uniforms, books etc are on a costlier side.
    And a few other such issues mainly revolving around finances.

So, I feel if this issue gets solved as the parents association is after the management for the same, I am happy with the school and the kids of the school LOVE their school like anything, but still what about other good schools in dwarka or upto Vikas Puri. Mommies please give your suggestions, as I wish to utilize this session to make up my mind and prepare DD if required for a switch.

2. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

strange...are there no satisfied delhite moms here?