1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

anyone using KitchenAid food processor?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Vidhya84, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Vidhya84

Vidhya84 Senior IL'ite

I have heard chapathi dough, dough for cake can be made using KitchenAid. Are there are other uses of it for Indian cooking? Don't want to spend $$$ just for making chapathi dough :p

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can make chapat dough. I use mine for chopping, grating and slicing vegetables and cheese. I don't know about cake batter, I use a stand mixer for that.

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

For me chappathi comes very hard if I mix in kitchen aid.

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Do you mean the stand mixer or the food processor? I use the stand mixer for making dough and it works flawlessly. Develops gluten much faster than hand-kneading. I usually finish off the dough by hand in a paraat to get it to the perfect consistency for whatever I'm making, say parathas versus rotis. I bought it just for kneading dough and I find it a worthy investment. I have a couple of roti-lovers in my house and I hate kneading dough! If you don't eat chapatis everyday it might not be worth your while.

That said, the stand mixer has an assortment of attachments that make it much more useful than your average food processor. I really like the grain mill and the pasta maker attachments. I'm not big on baking but I've used it to make cakes, cookies and even bread.

5. misamisa

misamisa New IL'ite

I use mine for cookie dough, chopping, slicing onions or garlic for keeping in the fridge, making soup/purees, grinding whole chilies, etc. We use it almost daily. Just recently I used it for making dosa batter. It's not super smooth, but it works! I love mine, it's easily the best cooking appliance in my kitchen.