1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Henna Mix

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by cindyboo, Jun 20, 2007.

1. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

I went to my local indian market, and they didn't have any, so i've just been using a small cast iron skillet. You can find them at any place that sells pots and pans. My Target store carries it.

2. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi Lalla, Where can i buy indigofera? It will affect our hair rootlike dye??? pls. help me.

3. Lalla

Lalla New IL'ite

Hi Kavithai,

you can buy Indigo in all natural shops, probably people that sell henna sell also indigo, you can buy it also on line.

for the hair root I don't now indigo is similar to henna my friends use it like henna and they haven't problems.

I hope I have helped you

lalla

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
  4. kapuchu

kapuchu New IL'ite

Dear Ladies
    Can anybody suggest a website to buy henna online.I actually bought minar brand from a local Indian store and it was good. But the next time when i went it was not there so brought somethingelse which has no smell of henna and dint give the colour when i mixed with other things.So inorder to go with a particular brand regularly can anybody suggest. Thankyou all.

bye
    kapuchu

5. aaisha

aaisha New IL'ite

Hi

Thanks for all the useful tips.
    What is INDIGO POWDER ?
    How do u use it , first apply henna wash hair ,then apply indigo powder .Please explain .

Thanks
    Aaisha

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  6. Lalla

Lalla New IL'ite

Hi aaisha,

Indigofera Tinctoria is a plant :

"
    Indigofera tinctoria bears the common name true indigo. The plant was one of the original sources of indigo dye. It has been naturalized to tropical and temperate Asia, as well as parts of Africa, but its native habitat is unknown since it has been in cultivation worldwide for many centuries. Today most dye is synthetic, but dye from I. tinctoria is still available, marketed as natural coloring. The plant is also widely grown as a soil-improving groundcover.
    True indigo is a shrub one to two meters high. It may be an annual, biennial, or perennial, depending on the climate in which it is grown. It has light green pinnate leaves and sheafs of pink or violet flowers. The plant is a legume, so it is rotated into fields to improve the soil in the same way that other legume crops such as alfalfa and beans are.
    Dye is obtained from the processing of the plant's leaves. They are soaked in water and fermented in order to convert the glycoside indican naturally present in the plant to the blue dye indigotin. The precipitate from the fermented leaf solution is mixed with a strong base such as lye, pressed into cakes, dried, and powdered. The powder is then mixed with various other substances to produce different shades of blue and purple.
    <!-- NewPP limit reportPreprocessor node count: 452/1000000Post-expand include size: 4113/2048000 bytesTemplate argument size: 700/2048000 bytesExpensive parser function count: 0/500--><!-- Saved in parser cache with key enwiki:pcache:idhash:2609109-0!1!0!default!!en!2 and timestamp 20080721081009 -->Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigofera_tinctoria"

Here there is how to dye your hair with it !
    <DL><DT>[SIZE=+2]Henna and Indigo Application[/SIZE] <DT>[SIZE=-1]By EveryDay Mehndi[/SIZE] </DT></DL>[SIZE=-1]Using henna and indigo for [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]hair[/COLOR][/COLOR] coloring can result in black, raven black, blue-black, purplish black or burgundy black hair. The exact color result depends upon your original hair coloring as well as how you use your henna and indigo in this process. Henna and Indigo application can be done in either a two-step or one-step process.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]For a two-step process, your first step is to follow the instructions provided for using natural henna powder.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Mix your indigo with water 4 to 8 hours before using. Cover and allow the paste (about the consistency of yogurt) to sit for the 4 to 8 hours.[/SIZE]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TD width="50%">[SIZE=-1]Always wearing plastic [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]gloves[/COLOR][/COLOR], apply the indigo to your previously henna'd hair. I have my indigo ready to use immediately following rinsing the henna from my hair in a back to back process. You can do it this way or wait and apply your indigo later. Apply the indigo to your hair making sure to cover hair from roots to ends. Separating our hair into smaller sections will aid in this. When your hair is covered with the indigo, cover your hair with a plastic cap. Then cover with a towel or scarf. Allow the indigo to remain on your hair until desired color is achieved. Performing a harvested hair test will help you determine how long this will take.[/SIZE]<TD width="50%"><CENTER>[SIZE=-1]<SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!--google_ad_client = "pub-7444330052218382";google_alternate_ad_url = "http://www.pioneerthinking.com/burst.html";google_ad_width = 300;google_ad_height = 250;google_ad_format = "300x250_as";google_ad_channel ="";google_ad_type = "text_image";google_color_border = "88B0D9";google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";google_color_link = "000000";google_color_url = "000000";google_color_text = "000000";//-->[/SIZE]</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT></CENTER>
    [SIZE=-1]Repeat applications of your henna and indigo will deepen the color results over time.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]You can apply your henna and indigo in a single step. I recommend this for people who are not wishing to color gray hair and people with dark brown or [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]black [COLOR=black! important]hair[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Mix your henna paste in a bowl and allow it to develop. Mix your indigo paste at the same time in a separate bowl. The longer your henna paste sits and dye is released, the more red the outcome will be. Allow your henna paste to sit for between 2 and 6 hours depending upon your desired results. When your henna paste and your indigo paste have each been allowed to sit a sufficient amount of time, mix the two together. Apply to your hair and allow to remain on your hair maximally 8 hours. A harvested hair test will allow you to determine if less time is required. For most people, fewer than 8 hours is required. The timeframes range from 1 hour to 8 hours depending upon the individual. The timing has to do with your desired color results and how well and how fast your hair takes color. A 50/50 henna and indigo mix will typically create the black shades described above. Different people will get different results in terms of blue-black or burgundy-black or black.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]The one-step process creates a more gradual coloring of the hair and with each application, your hair will deepen and darken in color. If you chose the one-step process to cover gray, understand that your white hair may not become completely black with the first application. But with patience and repeat application, all of your hair will darken to the desired color.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Enjoy!!!
    EveryDay Mehndi
    www.everydayhenna.com"[/SIZE]

I hope I have Helped you!!

Good luck!!

Lalla

7. aaisha

aaisha New IL'ite

Hi Lalla

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation .All this information was really helpful .

Aaisha

8. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

What is indigo in hindi please??

9. Lalla

Lalla New IL'ite

Hi dear,

I dont' know hindi indigo's name but a lot of time it is called black henna, ask for black henna hindi name and you can find indigo's hindi name!!!

I hope, I have helped you!!

Lalla

10. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Ok I will try this way, thank you dear:)