1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First dish you cooked after marriage and the reaction ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mlk2009, Jun 7, 2009.

1. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

I never cooked at home. Just ate and appreciated others' cooking :hide:Just learnt basics (that too theoretically) before I left home. Somehow never messed up things :2thumbsup: Maybe today is my lucky day gigglingsmiley

2. bulesha

bulesha Silver IL'ite

Didn't got a chance IL place. My mother instructed me to cook green veg (palak), sweet on first day at our home. When we moved out to our home just after 3 days of marriage, to my surprise, DH told me that he will prepare our first meal. And OMG, what he cooked was delicious. 15 years of married life & 2 kids , he still love to cook most of the time I assist him.

1 person likes this.
  3. hmishra

hmishra Platinum IL'ite

The first thing i decided to make was aloo sabji and my in laws suggested to make puri's with it.. n i agreed. I called my mom immediately from the loo asking her the recipes :rotfl N i was in there for at least 15mins while everyone were wondering wt happened .. So i came out, went in the kitchen and started! Luckily my aloo sabji came out good thanks to my mom, but i did something terribly wrong with the poori dough that all my puris came out flat n hard laugh1smiley while i was still in the process, my MIL came in the kitchen n noticed what i was doing, and she started laughing calling in my FIL n Husb, showing them my puris.. Anyway she started correcting my mistake n told me to start chopping some onions for something else she was gonna make, so i started & my eyes started watering, she then called my FIL in and said "*** is crying, come soon" and my FIL came running in kitchen asking "kya hua beta, mummy ki yaad aa rahi hai" and i was like "yeahh" n my husb comes n looks at the onions n strts teasing my FIL that he is so emotional... We had a good laugh!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

I dont really remember what i cooked first time but remember making coffee on 2nd day for my DH. I am north indian and didn't know the concept of filter coffee. My MIL asked me to make coffee for my husband and i took filter coffee powder and added it directly in milk like instant coffee. i gave it to my DH and he immediately said throw it fast before my mom sees what you have done.

Another episode of me making upma first time. I saw my MIL adding french beans in upma, didn't know she boils it beforehand. I also tried to copy her and put lot of raw beans in upma gigglingsmiley. Obviously it didn't get cooked and when i served it to my DH, he was like on treasure hunt to find and remove all beans pieces. We still laugh at these two incidents :crazy

Now I make south indian dishes better than MIL and my DH just loves my cooking :yes:

1 person likes this.
  5. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I love cooking. Started cooking when I was 9 or so. Only issue is that my cooking was usually experimenting with dishes. Never really learnt traditional south Indian cooking. But I also eat reallllllly spicy food.

Anyway, a few days after marriage I introduced the concept of having bread for breakfast. I had 3 sets of wide eyes looking at me like I was mad. But I made grilled vege sandwiches and they were a hit. At night I offered to make roti and curry. Made my mother's famous curry and added a ton of sambar powder. Never knew till then that my in-laws never even buy green chilies at home, and that anything with chili is almost non-existent! (No wonder I could not find the chili powder and had to use sambar powder instead). ANY WAY, that night there was a LOT of water consumption by the three of them. I loved my dish, but couldn't enjoy because the others were suffering. Even after so many years, my FIL has a reflex action of reminding me to not use chilies when I cook.

1 person likes this.