Need company to start stock trading

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by tenkanidiyoor, Apr 2, 2015.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy,
    happened to check into this thread only now. Yes, this is a very risky phase for short term trading. So, as said earlier if and when i get around 12% profits, i'm grabbing the opportunity and coming out. I had suzlon also but sold it off last year - seeing that there is only downtrend in the stock. I think this is a good period to get into some fundamentally good stocks like SBI, Tata motors etc - as pricing is good at this stage. Your views on some other good stocks please.

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Both TTK and Hawkins have good balance sheets, zero debt and a well-established duopoly over the pressure cooker market. But current valuations are dizzy. What do you think @joylokhi, @shanvy, @Priyasrini ?

In US I like Disney (they have a Starwars release coming at the end of the year) and Costco. Costco again is trading at high valuation. I thought the same of Netflix and it has climbed another $100 in the last 6 months:bonk

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@butterflyice just few days back dh after attending some global financial seminar told me that things are going to look very bad. brace yourself for any losses or get out if you feel you are impatient. the markets don't look so great,right now.. too much selling pressure. the rumors are rife, and very few good counters are having buying pressure i feel..again i could be wrong. not a finance persons, but though ttk prestige looks great, i am edging towards hawkins..but are heavy weights in terms of costs.imagine the ones who are holding from the 80..mygod..100 would be around more than a 1000 shares..look at the number of bonus...and the dividends... and somewhere a silly thought too..the holding pattern in hawkins looks better than ttk..(I told you i am a layperson)

and if you have unstable governments all in states like tn (we have postponed two times the global investor summit) where the state was pulling in companies, we are losing them in a hurry..the delhi state of affairs does not help.

2 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it is a buying market right joylokhi..good if you have money and also will not feel restless if the markets dips 15% more.. that is a feeling that i have.. i hold a few good stocks, but all said i am in the red today..so i don't want to suggest anything much because beginners are tracking us. i only play around with a small amount of money..that does not interfere in our savings or anything.. (to use my husband's words, we will park it as gandhi's account..lol)

yes sbi looks good. tata motors yes, tata steel too.. voltas.

itc, dabur look good..

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@joylokhi what did you do with il&FS engg??

6. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for your the views :thumbsup

Can you please tell me what are these 'penny shares'.. any examples? are they good investment?? are they same as other shares?

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@tenkanidiyoor if you are taking cues from here, please do your own study too..

and i would stay away from penny shares..these are mostly day trading stocks..that are also manipulated a lots. very rarely penny share turn out real good. the shares that are in the range 0.5p to 10rs are mostly called penny shares/stock

1 person likes this.
  8. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy,
    i appreciate your caution in not recommending stocks offhand as beginners are tracking this site. I too feel the same. ITC and Dabur are anytime good stocks to hold and i also have them in my portfolio. However, overall i'm also in the red only. Yes, IL&FS has a good projection as it has bagged recent metro orders to the tune of nearly 135 crores or so. But however, like other infra stocks, as the companies' profitability is in minus only(Dec 2014 results), i do not think it is worth going for it at this stage. Voltas i sold after i reached my target - but it is a good stock for the long term for sure. thanks for your inputs.

2 people like this.
  9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@tenkanidiyoor,
    Penny shares are clearly shares of small value of companies. Some mutual funds having a contrarian view (i.e. they take the risk ) of small companies that could grow in the future. I would not suggest buying into any penny shares either for trading or investing - as the risk is too much- it is a pure gamble - unlike a calculated gamble in mid cap and large cap stocks.

1 person likes this.
  10. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@butterflyice, I have never considered Hawkins or TTK until you mentioned it... I tend to deliberate a lot before buying a particular stock so haven't reached hawkins yet:-D

Along with ITC and dabur I think Marico is a good stock too... but I am a novice so this is not an advice for anyone. Stocks on my radar right now are SBI and Biocon. Does anyone have any opinion on these companies ?

3 people like this.