Need suggestion ---travelling to Australia

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sweety789, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

HI Friends,
    I'm writing this post to help my friend "X". Her husband is travelling to Australia this month.She need suggestion to know what are the things to pack for his husband because 1st time his husband is travelling to a foreign country. Though it's not confirmed how many months he will stay there but most probably for 3-4 months minimum.
    She asked me to take IL'ties suggestion (i share most of the tips & suggestion to her,she like this site a lot) since a group of people is here who have experience abt weather & indian life style.

Thanks in advance

2. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

68 views, 5 days left but no reply :bonk
    Ok..let me make the work easier... Can he take curry powder,maggi,readymade onion paste??In austraila it's rainy season ,so can we suggest him to take jacket,globes and other warm clothes...Friend plz give your input....

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

If it is just for 3-4 months, then not worry much. Also is he going to stay in extended hotels ( with small kitchen) or renting apartment which is more like expanding yourself and needing more things?

Maggi is indeed expensive, but how many packets he can carry and it crushes. I have seen people carry rice, daal all that dry stuff but I would not.

Spices and pickles are definite candidates. Then clothings - tshirts,jeans, pjs etc to wear is expensive and poor quality outside IMO.

If he is going to cook a lot, he would need pressure cooker (small size). You do get it in foreign countries but different style.

People take mixie/idli dosa maker stuff/coffee maker also... but i think for short trip.. it should not be needed.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

Thnx @sanjuruby3 for reply.
    Ya he's taking maggi with him but no idli/dosa mixie.since he's going to stay with sharing apartments , he's taking 1 pressure cooker with him to make pulao or rice wenever he get time.
    Thnx again 4 ur suggestion.. :)