Finest Posts - April 2015 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annujp82

annujp82 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Kamala ma'am for the lovely comment :) it made my day start right!!

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Ah!!! Came here to nominate Trupti's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-other-side-being-chatterbox.html#post3543336, not quite sure whether I had exhausted my quota for the month and sure it would have been nominated by now. I was right at least on the second count. Aria has already nominated this.

Instead of going away quietly, I come by and continue to deliver a speech on the subject in the same vein as our chatterbox Trupti. I believe I have at last found a kindred soul. :-D

2 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Aria
    Your nomination of Trupti's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-other-side-being-chatterbox.html#post3543336 has conferred great distinction on this maiden snippet of Trupti. What is that Kamla and I can do beyond what you have done? Honestly I even feel jealous that Trupti's maiden attempt has been equated by you with Deepika Padukone and Julie Andrews. I keep rambling on and on for years and no one has so far compared me with Marlon Brando or Thespian Dilipkumar, not even Kamal Hassan or Rajnikanth! Some people are born with silver keyboards strapped to their bodies!

Jokes apart, I loved Trupti's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-other-side-being-chatterbox.html#post3543336 She may not be the run of the mill chatterbox in the sense that the word commonly signifies. She says she can occasionally go into a non-communicative mode when the occasion demands and that makes her special. She calls it 'companionable silence' and I node my head in agreement. Probably that is the 'other side' she is talking of. From reading her, I see that her repertoire includes philosophy too! No wonder Viswa has landed at her Snippet like a flash and given his 'Thumbs up'!

I am presently researching on the difference between Rambler and Chatterbox merely to see what makes the latter click while the former has to keep slogging like a UDC in Delhi Secretariat! We'll solve this mystery sooner or later!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi
    Thank you for aligning with Aria in nominating Trupi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-other-side-being-chatterbox.html#post3543336
    I am hardly surprised with your racing to nominate this post knowing you as I do. Every time I visit Bangalore to meet you, Kerman and the 'kindred souls', I hardly get a chance to have a word sideways, backward or forward. And that suits me because my mouth can shift gears to focus on the other activity of gobbling up all the mouth-watering stuff you dish out. Being a well bred old man of excellent manners, I hardly talk when my mouth is full!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  5. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Same difference between Sully Prudhomme, Theodor Mommsen, Bjornstjern Bjornson, Frederic Mistral and Jose Echeragay & *W.H Auden/Leo Tolstoy/Nabokov

Chatterboxes need recognition, awards, pat to be inspired to write but ** ramblers require nothing except pen and paper to captivate hearts ..

* None won a nobel prize for literature.
    ** Don't trade your earthy, ragged & wooden keyboard for the glittery, dainty and ephemeral silver :biggrin2:

5 people like this.
  6. Trupti12

Trupti12 Silver IL'ite

First off, I had to Google to see for what other movies Julie Andrews was famous for other than Princess Diaries. Being born a few years late, that's the only movie I have watched of her's. Man I have so much to learn from you ladies!

Ok, I was flabbergasted. I was at work and saw that I was nominated by none less than Aria herself. My face must have overcome with a glazed expression and sloppy smile pasted on my face, which prompted by team lead to shoot a weird look in my direction.

What?!! Wow! Thanks so much for nominating me!

Aria, Cheeniya caught my drift correctly that by "other side", I meant my "companionable silence" facet. And yes, I was aiming for witty. Glad I got that one right!

2 people like this.
  7. Trupti12

Trupti12 Silver IL'ite

I'm happy I can join your club of kindred souls now. If we ever meet up, we'll be off chatting and rambling and bantering and we will engage is good quality badinage!

1 person likes this.
  8. Trupti12

Trupti12 Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

I'm brashly going to admit that I love being called special by you. But the greatest delight is in the way you have got the entire flavour of my little snippet. Thank you for that.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

though you you say it beautifully, just the mention of her name would suffice as the reason to nominate!

thanks for this nomination and please excuse all my typos. I am at the mercy of my aging Ipad!!

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.