1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chidless and Happy couples? Any?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ashaalt, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

@laxman but I could not understand you, please elaborate :)

2. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

friendssmiley Life continues regardless :) ....And happiness will have to be derived from what we already have ..

3. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

Just been 3 years... if you want kids, you will have one sooner or later! Ignore others and dont ever make them feel like its a 'fault'.

4. BUJJITUMMALA

BUJJITUMMALA New IL'ite

THANKS Aashu for ur reply i m so distrubig about the words my Aunt and uncle r using abt me so depressed .....
    getting rewinded in my brain during my sleep it's sooo hard for me to bare those words

5. meenurani

meenurani Silver IL'ite

Yes me. I am childless yet and very happy. Married for 6 years and my DH is like a child any way ( joke) and very happy looking after him. :cool2:. I think I am not very maternal material.

Ya situation might change in future. But cant live worrying about future. But might adopt a child in future , not decided on it though.

2 people like this.
  6. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Life goes on without a saying else i would'nt be alive to post this!

1 person likes this.
  7. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

People find reasons to make other's life miserable in some way. Once you have kids, they will criticize you for the way you are raising your kids. Actually I feel, people who tend to criticize/unnecessarily advice others dont have control of their life, so they want to feel influential by controlling other's life in some way.

Just ignore them. Give a smile and turn away or else be rude once and they will understand that their advice is not welcomed.

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It depends on what you want in your life.

Some people like me love to have kids, and feel like our life will be incomplete without kids.
    Even before marriage, I was very much fond of kids, and used to cuddle with someone else's kids.
    Kids too like me a lot, and easily become close with me.

But after marriage, I had other priorities first. i.e to settle down in life with a house, vehicle, business and some luxuries as we decided not to take any inheritance from the parents. We also had a grant wedding, but purely from our own savings- nothing from parents or others.
    So, we had some debt to settle, and some plans about life to start with. We were working so hard to achieve our goal then.

Once we felt we are there, we decided to the next dream, i.e a kid. We still had so much plans, and other priorities. But kid was one top priority for us. Therefore, I had to lose my international career, which was considered hazardous for the kid.

A kid has changed our life. In fact, our kids are not our happiness, but they have become our life now a days.

It takes a couple of years to settle back after having kids. But now, having 2 kids (one toddler and one pre-schooler), I am back on track with my job, goals and settlements.

But I have some friends, who never liked kids. So, stayed safe always not to have one. They are happy in their lives.
    Whereas I have some friends who really yearned for a kid. But not blessed with one. They pretend to be happy and show as if they never wanted one.
    So, it is a complex question...

9. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

@SGBV

I always love to read your replies. You are very right, its about what we want in our life. Well all couples are not tuned to have babies. Like, I am kind of person who cannot gel with kids easily while my husband is very good at that.

I feel bad when we are looked down just because we dont have kids still. It really make me feel that I should have at least one kid to shut the mouths for once and all, but then that cannot be the driving force to bring a baby.

I also think that we may not have anybody around us in our old age. With friends busy in their life and parents gone, it might be difficult to go on with life when one of us also leave for heavenly abode. Then I see my husband's grandmother who has 5 kids but still she lives in a old-age and nobody goes to even see her.

I feel complete in my life now as well but social pressure takes on toll some times.

10. sunshine222

sunshine222 New IL'ite

It depends on da couple...having a child out of obligation or social pressure,is not good.If a couple feels that de r content without a kid....den I guess its perfectly ok.....in our culture I feel having a kid is more of a family obligation after marriage....