1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need info about Tongue tie.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Butterflie, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Butterflie

Butterflie Bronze IL'ite

I know there is another post on the same issue but I wanted new and recent answers hence posting this.
    My 9 month old baby has a tongue tie. The doctor suspected it since 1 month but as the baby was feeding normally, she wanted to wait a little longer to see if it goes away on its own. But it has not and the doctor suggested to see a dentist for a minor surgery.
    My hands are shaking just to type about this, I dont know how I would see my baby go through this. Did anyone go through the same? How did the baby react and how long did it take for them to get back to normalcy?

2. vvj

vvj Senior IL'ite

@Butterflie My neighbours kid had the same problem.she did the surgery two months back.the kid went through very easily.And the surgeries in the mouth will heal very quickly. I have an experience with my elder kid(fell from the slide and injury in the jaw).
    First i was very scared.I thought he will not be able to eat for a weak.but believe me the second day he was fine.So don't worry.Go ahead.

3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Butterflie my friends child gone through it and recoverd very quick. She couldnt latch properly due to it and it always gave pain to the mom while breastfeeding, after they figured out what casued the problem and got it done they had no further problems in breastfeeding and the baby learnt how to eat solids very well, i know the girl quite good and its not visible, no one would know if you dont tell. She doesnt even remember really as she was a baby. I wish your baby all the best. I think the worst part is the concern in such minor issues as just the imagination of our baby suffering pains too much.. but its really going to be ok.

4. Butterflie

Butterflie Bronze IL'ite

Thank you very much for your replies :) They give me a lot of hope!

1 person likes this.
  5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi @Butterflie glad you feel better. You have appointment to get it done now? Just saw your other thread about the bday party, unfortunately cant say anything about it really out of experience

6. Butterflie

Butterflie Bronze IL'ite

I havethe appt next month.. Have to see how it goes.. thank you so much for ur concern!