1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

for 4 years old boy -which milk is best - organic or inorganic

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by nishch, Apr 11, 2015.

1. nishch

nishch New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Iam new to US,
    here iam seeing two types of milk.
    when i came here at first our friends told me to u have to use organic milk for kids.
    so, iam using organic only and tht too same brand costco brand.
    now recently other friends told me tht do not use organic milk for kid boys , organic milk is only for kid girls.

which milk i have to use..........
    please reply me.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you can afford it, continue to the use the organic milk. It is free of antibiotics and growth hormones, which benefits both boys and girls equally.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Organic milk is better, for the kids and for yourselves too. If you eat yogurt you can make that also with organic milk .This will avoid unneccessary antibiotics and hormones. Costco has a good price, but sometimes you may get coupons for the brands in the grocery stores.

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Although I agree with both Gauri and Malstorm yet I have a slightly different opinion about the whole organic vs non-organic food. Yes, organic is 'supposedly' free of pesticides/ growth hormone/additives yet food as such is well controlled through FDA in the US. Don't worry too much about organic/non-organic, buy what fits in your budget.

5. nishch

nishch New IL'ite

Hi all , thanks for ur reply.
    great response within less time.
    iam so worried from yesterday because of this question. for oneday i just stopped giving milk.
    so, for my son and daughter i can use organic.
    I heard tht .......If use inorganic for girls,there mensuration will start early. Is It Correct.
    me and my husband are using 2% fat milk - inorganic only.(because its too costly for all its not possible for us).

by the way which branded milk usually all are use in this place fr both kids and elders.

6. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My vote is for non homogenised milk from organic valley. You can scoop out the butter :) Non-fattening for adults, add it back for the kids or store and heat it up for ghee.

Check this out for other organic brands:

The Cornucopia Institute

If going for inorganic, Costco is still a great place to buy milk.

7. nishch

nishch New IL'ite

Really we can get butter.
    oh it's gud.
    where is organic valley, where we get those milk.

8. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

My vote is also for organic milk, I dont know about others I found taste also bit different. In my place we get good , both quality n price wise organic milk from Kroger or another local store which is this state only.I have a Costco membership also but I feel their milk is costly than kroger.could be my place , I dont know. A lot of people I know are going to this discount store called aldi, they say milk there is very good n cheap , I am yet to go there. You can check if u have any aldi near u.

9. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

No difference of course based on the gender. Organic is better but difference very small.

10. sophiedjenko

sophiedjenko Senior IL'ite

First world problems?? Well I do not think organic milk is a problem, be it a boy or a girl. Milk isn’t gender specific. I prefer pasteurised farm fresh milk and fortunately in India we have pride of cows, which is a very healthy and the best milk option here, I always recommend it to my friends. I want our kids to get the proper nutrients not some adulterated stuff. I am sure there are such brands in the states too! Do try it out, nothing is better than getting fresh milk from the farm delivered to you early morning.