1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chidless and Happy couples? Any?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ashaalt, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Anybody out there who are without children ( with or without choice) and completely happy and at ease with your situation?

Would love to make friends and talk with such women. Am one of such.

Thanks!

Meghaa, Sabitha and laxman like this.

2. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@ashaalt,
    Well i am not in that situation so can't tell. But i believe that that happiness is a feeling that varies from person to person. Some might have everything in life but still not happy. Some have nothing in life but still be happy and living at the moment.

Me and DH were mentally prepared to live a life with out kids due to my PCOS condition. If any one asked him about kids he would say we don't want kids.
    But God had other plans for us.

4 people like this.
  3. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

I haven't met any but I think it depends on what you want from life.. Besides the natural urges kick in once you pass a certain age cos of lost chances to have kids.. Am not sure if its possible..

4. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

It may not be possible by all, but possible for those who have made that choice for whatever reasons.

1 person likes this.
  5. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

:iagree.. But those reasons need to be strong enough they don't crumble when they see other's kids 20 years later and feel empty.. Jus saying..

6. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

There are so many people who have kids out of societal pressure, or in the hope that they have someone to take care of them in old age, so it is admirable if there are people who are sure about what they want or don't want in life :hatsoff

5 people like this.
  7. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

If they truly desire kids, then whatever the reasons, strong or weak it will make them feel empty.

8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We have several friends both married and single, who do not have children. They range in age from their thirties to seventies. Some have shared that they chose not to have children, and I do not know the circumstances of the others, not that it matters. These are all people I know well through one of my volunteer activities. They are happy, well adjusted people and very passionate about serving their community.

3 people like this.
  9. laksub

laksub Bronze IL'ite

I guess the happiness depends on the couple together. Both should want the same and continue to want the same. At any point if even one of them has the regret or wants to have a child...the happiness is shaken. I know of couples who couldnt have kids but seem perfectly happy with one another...but what demons they had to fight to reach the point of acceptance and happiness is the question. Our society puts immense pressure on the couple to have kids...and make sick jokes about dink couples ...so the couple has to withstand all this together... As long as both stand for each other through out....i think it will be a happy marriage

3 people like this.
  10. ashaalt

ashaalt Senior IL'ite

@MalStrom It is common among westerners, curious to know if the people you know include Indians.