36 weeks and baby in breach position!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ssubhasr, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Am back with a new concern....

Am 36 weeks + 1 day pregnant with my 2nd baby. Today I had my check up and my Gynec told me that the baby's head is still not down :( She has given me one more week time and told me that on my next visit at my 37 weeks, if the baby's position is still breach, I may I have to schedule a C-section. She also told me that they will try to do a ECV - external cephalic version. I am not so comfortable in doing that procedure.

Can anyone suggest any exercise which can help my baby to turn the head down ? My first one is a normal vaginal delivery and don't want to do a C-section for my 2nd. Please pray for me and my baby. i pray to god that my baby should turn the head down so that i can have a normal vaginal delivery.

Thank you

2. Sivasakthigopi

Sivasakthigopi Gold IL'ite

No need to worry. Baby will turn down any time. This is not a problem. You just watch your baby movements regularly. Next week you just visit doctor and take scan. If baby have not turn down go for C section.

If is really safe for your baby!

Our health is important one i agreed but our baby needs to be safe, I agreed C Section only for my baby shake, also my Gyn ask me to wait for Normal delivery, But my son not turn down, umbrical cord loop find his neck.

My Gyn said we will try, but i completely said her, i need my baby safe, i agreed for c section. Now my baby and me both are safe, same day of my delivery (I operated morning) evening, A healthy girl delivered in normal delivery. When my Gyn suggest C section they dont agree. The baby wont turn down and she got diluted.

But God don't show pitty on her child.

so wait one week for baby turn, if not means, do as per your gyn. Dont take Risk..

1 person likes this.
  3. rekhaatu

rekhaatu Silver IL'ite

Check Spinning babies website. They have some activities and exercises that will get the baby position right.

4. Renunatraj

Renunatraj Silver IL'ite

Dont worry abt babys position. During my second pregnancy, my DS was in traverse position during labor. But my doctor was very patient and she did internal cephalic version and it was normal delivery.

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@ssubhasr

Don't worry. Our prayers are for your baby and you.

The baby can turn down anytime, walking also helps. Just don't tire yourself too much

6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Sivasakthigopi I had the same problem. Here is what I did: I talked to my baby, yes i did. It might sound funny but I beliefe that there is already a deep connection between mother and child during pregancy. Tell your baby it doesnt need to be concernd or afraid of the delivery you will take responsibility and will take care of him/her and protect, try to calm the baby and assure the baby you are a great team and work together its going to be fine. If nothing helps there is usually a bigger problem which holds back the child from turning into the right position and you have to trust your child in that case too that its the best this way.
    I too tried some yoga positions. I dont remember them right now but i will try to check if i can find the positions, i think it was too mentiond in my due date club (luly and august 14).

7. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi just checked i dont have the document anymore where i safed the techniques i used but will try to remind and check on internet, here is one link which explains some techniques i used too
    How to Turn a Breech Baby

i tried number 1, 2, 5, 12 - no matter what you are doing please confirm with your gyn first!!! Safety first ;)

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thank you very much for the info.

I have an ultra sound and Gyn appointment scheduled this evening...I keep my fingers crossed. Hope my baby set in the position before the appointment. Till now, I feel bump on my top right side (slightly right side and not in the center). The baby is trying to move the bump to center, but for some reason coming back to the right side again :( I pray to god that my baby find the correction position before my appointment !!!

Thank you for your prayers :)

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Today am 37 weeks and had the ultra sound to check the baby's position. The baby is in transverse position - head on my left side facing side ways. My Gyn has scheduled for ECV on Friday morning 6:30. During the process if the fetal heartbeat goes down, they will do an emergency c-section. I pray to god that the procedure succeeds and my baby turns to Anterior position soon without giving much pain to me.

Did anyone has any experience with ECV ? How about the pain during the procedure ? How long will it take to deliver the baby after ECV ? Did anyone gone through c-section due to ECV ?

Pl share your thoughts.

:cry: