Celebrating Food Forums - IL 10th Anniversary - Day 9/10

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by IL_Admin, Mar 27, 2015.

1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let's turn our focus on the Food Forums as part of the 10th Anniversary Celebrations.

The Internet has brought the whole world to our living room. And the Food section is definitely one of the major beneficiary of this change. You no longer have to worry about what to cook next and how to cook it. There are plenty of kitchen tips, time saving suggestions and wonderful recipes that can help grow your culinary skills many folds.

Give life to the recipes that you remember from your childhood or try something entirely new. Need something quick, healthy, innovative or traditional. You will always find the perfect thing to cook for your next meal.

Our members have kindly shared their step by step recipes, pictures and more with us. Is there a recipe/tip that you have tried from our Food forums that has become your family favorite? Do share the link for the recipe and let us know your thoughts too. Your recommendations can help someone decide their next dinner :)

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello

I know all will agree with me. We cannot skip this wonderful name without her we wouldn't be good cooks, let it be sweets, snacks, baking,chutneys or any thing that can be cooked non of the recipes goes wrong and it is full proof with perfect measurements is non other than our cooking queen @Chitvish this forum that she has started is just awesome Step-by-Step Photos of Chitvish Recipes!

Being a non vegetarian person I enjoy dishes from here
    Manju's non veg food blog by @manjubashini

Non-Vegetarian dishes by more members actually this thread is started by @rehanak but there are many contributors here a few of them whose recipes that I have tried are @chilbuli Imli @malligashivaram @meenaprakash @jaisapmm

I know there are many others I wish others come forward with they names.

3 people like this.
  3. bipasu_1950

bipasu_1950 Junior IL'ite

hello,

I am a member of the il group and i have tried many dishes and sweets ,the recipes of which have been put forward by chithramami and every item ,my family have enjoyed very well.i really appreciate her efforts in making the food forum a great achievement.thank you mami.

bipasu_1950

1 person likes this.
  4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

//Is there a recipe/tip that you have tried from our Food forums that has become your family favorite? Do share the link for the recipe and let us know your thoughts too. Your recommendations can help someone decide their next dinner :)//

ya Malathi, I too want to know the same as you mentioned above :) .waiting for our dear ladies reply :)

3 people like this.
  5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

In 2006-2007, when my son was a toddler who started enjoying a variety of foods and I was still learning about cooking - @Chitvish and @Krishnaamma were my encyclopedia - I have come a long way from there and have come up with my own style of cooking - but Indusladies, Chitvish and Krishnaamma were my initial textbooks :)

I have tried many of Krishnaamma's readymade powders - and read eagerly how she would prepare a full fridge when she would leave her DH and go to visit her son or vice versa !!!
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/krishnaammas-kitchen/
    Lots of labour saving and time saving tricks there !!

@Krishnaamma, I hope you and your family are doing fine - I remember your son also used to post his quick and easy recipes for bachelors - he was just 21 at that time :)

My toddler would come and sit on my lap and we would browse through all the step by step of @Chitvish and while I noted the steps, he would enjoy the photos !! He would select what he wanted for the next day or week :)
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/step-step-photos-chitvish-recipes/

Even later when he started KG, his teachers would wait for him to open his lunch/snack box, and then they would discuss in the staff room what he got for lunch :)

Now he is almost as tall as me, he recently asked me why Chitra amma is no longer adding to her step-by-step !

@Chitvish 's jiffy cooking tips still remains a directory of tips for getting organized for busy mothers !
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/15534-jiffy-cooking-planning-menus-all.html

Nowadays I'm no longer using Indusladies Food section as reference ! So I dont know much about the recent threads! I should come back and be more active and try all those recipes again!

Edit: Adding some threads that have gone to the 2nd or 3rd page of search and hence not visible
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/krishnaammas-kitchen/3701-house-made-ready-made-powders.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/krishnaammas-kitchen/6770-basic-paste-make-cooking-easy.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/krishnaammas-kitchen/3755-traditional-pickles-in-easy-way.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/krishnaammas-kitchen/3732-kitchen-tips-newly-married-settled.html

4 people like this.
  6. krishnaamma

Thank you dear for your sweet words....I am so happy that you tried my recipes and also remembering my Son Krishna :)...we are all fine and now his wife also started cooking nicely. He made one android application for her to see all my recipes :).............so nice of him :)

By the way how are you and your family? :)

2 people like this.
  7. PRABALTARA

PRABALTARA New IL'ite

Heartiest congratulations for completing 10 successful years
    and this is a very useful informations site for women and can
    learn lots of new inspirations had.

All the best keep up

8. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

heartiest congrats for this mile stone.

First Chitvish - Caramel Payasam and Krishnamma's diwali snacks - i tried these recipes again and again and its our kids all time favourite.

andal

9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@krishnaamma

When I first came to this new country, I still remember reading your kitchen tips for those settled abroad. The 25++ pages I sat and read as I would do.for an exam.. They are so simple, what we need and everything that is needed. I gradually stopped my doubt sessions querying my mom.. Thanks for that wonderful thread

10. krishnaamma

Thank you Swathi, I am so happy that my small contribution helped you ! :)