1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with such "Friends"

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by laksub, Mar 26, 2015.

1. laksub

laksub Bronze IL'ite

I have friends who disappear for days together and suddenly come back into my life expecting me to drop everything and help them. They are never there when I need them...even a simple msg goes unanswered by them, but one msg i dont respond, they make a ruckus. How to deal with such "friends"

1 person likes this.

2. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Please ignore those poeple who are kind of like this .These people do take people for granted ad ignore that we are humans too. I have many friends who never respond to messages immediately and when they call up why i haven't responded back i would tell them oh you were busy i didnt want to bother you much now you are free i could talk more freely with you.. If i had called you i woudnt know whether you are busy or free so now i assume you are kind of free.They will also agree and will not complain much...

1 person likes this.
  3. laksub

laksub Bronze IL'ite

Thanks love 84...perhaps i should try your way. Give them the importance they seek maybe they will be appeased. It hurts me when they take me for granted. There are many times I have gone out of my way to help them out or just listen to them...and they make fun of me too that i am always available. I cant seem to help it...I AM available...i am made that way... what to do :(

4. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

Thats probabably your good nature which people take advantage of.. It is time that we start saying I am sorry i cant do these things unless it is not urgent . When people make use of us and we know it we shouldnt be a door mat. If they call you sometime for a help tell them you are working on something important your hubby has asked you to do and would not be able to help them this time. so next time when you meet them tell them that you have made use of your free time with a hobby or helping your husband or learning something new because they told you were always available and it made you think and have changed you a new leaf and thank them for it for being so open in advising her and that you are learning new .. You just dont give people the oppurtunity to make fun of you because you are available and your good nature. Ignore them , tackle them and move on with your life

3 people like this.