1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what changes did il relationship forum brought in you

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ushash, Mar 20, 2015.

1. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Nemesis Graveyard with his 'infamous' Eulogy is missing !!
    @Googleglass.. You are honored.. A book is published..by Mrs.GG

1 person likes this.
  2. drnamshara

drnamshara Gold IL'ite

The Real me: Professionally confident, smart, out going.
    Good opinion from the teachers and lecturers all the while...
    excellent rapport and skills in managing my patients...humor and creativity were best known stuff about me in friends circle.

The Me after MIL in my life: Ugly Zombie, Zero self esteem, Worthless, Good for nothing, suppressing emotions, Panic attacks, depression symptoms, horribly effected work life and intimacy.

The IL savior intervention: Learnt to stand up for myself. Learnt to not take crap. Learnt to give back. Learnt to keep distance but with diplomacy. Learnt to respect myself.

The me in the past 8 months:
    Moved out. Cut my hair. Changed my wardrobe. Coped Up. Won over DH.......ate, prayed, loved, merried!! and back to being the REAL ME all over again!!!

Somewhere far... Somewhere Near...

All unknown, but so very dear!

Brought Life, back to my Life, and helped me chuck my fear,

To all the Indus Ladies: My heart felt gratitude, a few happiness tear, and many an applaud and many a cheer!!

:Bow::Bow::Bow:

3. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

I am a silent reader of this forum and this is my ever first post .. got it through random search about the same ILS issues... happy that I found you all ladies :).. I am feeling so much better after reading so many threads and replies of Ilites.. thinking that why cant only one lady around you that is your mil can be like one of them.. then no one ever need to search for such forums.. anyways I am much more balanced now.. thanks a lot. I have learned so many things.. some from here.. some from my life lessons.. but important thing is .. now I can smile... yet, still I have to go far to clear my head. Here are the things...

* Your husbands mother is not your mother, so make your expectation accordingly.

* Your Bil ( sil, if you got ) and other relative from your mil side are just extended hands of your mil.. so dont entertain them much in your life.. they are passing on everything to her ( learn through my experience)

* never complain of mil to husband.

* Pure heartiness works with parents and friends diplomacy works with ILS and relative.

* Husband is a son of mil.. he can not be much different from them.specially if a husband is north indian.

* Ignore Ignore and Ignore... let them know that you are ignoring them.

* You can win a fighter but you can not win a drama queen.

Stay well ladies ... love you all

blessings1010 and RedFlower like this.
  4. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

JustAnotherMom : 8 Kgs in 2 and half month. great!! can you please give me some tips on that or what you have followed. Actually I need to reduce around 8kgs in 3 month before my wedding. Can you please help me. Sorry for asking this question in this thread. Just curious to know.

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

@lazy
    Tag JustAnotherMom as @JustAnotherMom...she will get the notification.

1 person likes this.
  6. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Thank you yellow mango :) still new to it :)

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

@lazy send you a pvt message

1 person likes this.
  8. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

lol me too...

1 person likes this.
  9. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

I can always count on IL when I am feeling down and depressed. IL made me feel that I am not the only person with MIL problem. Everyone has something to share and express. I especially salute ladies who has the courage to take bold steps in decision making. I learned a lot from their experience and I realised I am not alone with my problems.

I hope that this wonderful forum would be troll free and personal attacks could be avoided as most of us come here hoping to get some peace and hopefully some solution for their problem. Other than then that, IL rocks!

1 person likes this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ahem.. Did I get this right? The threads here and posts by us have not permanently put you off marriage? We must be doing something right? :coffee Girls, pat yourselves on the back. :mrgreen:

Seriously, lazy, nice to read your post. Generally, Reln forum has such a negative and 'problems only' reputation.

curiousgals78 likes this.