ILs in Malaysia, Shall we meet up?

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by margrat, Dec 11, 2007.

1. beesidhu

beesidhu New IL'ite

Hi ....welcome ....u r in a nice cool place !!!

2. buttercup

buttercup New IL'ite

oh, yes, i was born and bred in Cameron . I can never get bored with it. I love Cameron so much that i'm feeling so bad taht i had to stay in KL for few years due to my children's education. I still love the smell of the grass, love and admire the "meena" tree which happen to be right in front of my apartment. Actually there are few trees. My daughter goes to S.K.Convent and it's on a small hill. At the side of the hill it's full with buttercup plants, and i love to see the view. No wonder i call mysel buttercup eh!! It's very cooling and nice you'll never sweat whenever you do house work and espeacially when you are ironing. I really can't take KL weather , so hot and the moment i finish taking my bath i sweat again. There is diffecent between the ac and the natural coolness. Very difficult to explain but i'm madly in love with Cameron.

3. Mona2707

Mona2707 New IL'ite

I envy you that. Maybe someday when my husband retires we might consider settling down in Cameron. For now life in hot hectic Kuala Lumpur it is. Tell me more about yourself, how old are you and you and your children. Are your working or a housewife and your hobbies if any. And where exactly in Cameron are you? Perhaps I can pay you a visit when I next holiday there. A little background about me, I am in my late forties and have three sons, two in their twenties and the youngest is seventeen. I love to curl up with a good book when I have free time and also love meeting people and going out on excursions, movie or lunching with my sisters and friends.

So till I hear from you. Ta!

Mona

4. buttercup

buttercup New IL'ite

i am an ex bank officer.I quit after my maid gave me so much problems. I had about 5 different maids altogether. When my daughter was 2 years old , i quit , since then i've been tutoring primary schoold children on weekends to support myself. My son is in form one , my daughter is 11 years old . I'm 43 , got married late.My daughter is dyspraxic and she need to attend special school , i was in KL for about a month and send my daughter to kidzgrow , they charge RM100.00 for 45 minutes. Accomodation was a problem , i had to stay in one of my husbands uncle's house and it was difficult.
    Now i'm planning to move to KL or Ipoh by end if this year, sed my daughter to Kyros (american programme school), find a school for my son and start a kindergarten or nursery, or maybe tutor some students to earn some income . I had to do it for the sake of my daughter. She has already wasted 5 years in primary, i don't want her to waste another year in primary, and another 5 years in secondary then waht? what is she going to do after that. Now my daughet can read and write , thanks to me , i taught her to do that. Are you working? Your life must be more settled cos your children are all grown up. There a free talk on home schooling in ipoh this coming saturday but i only tutor on friday, saturday and sunday if i miss my one day class that means my loosing one day income , i don't know waht to doDrowning, even if i go i had to rush back cos my son has tuition at 3.30pm. How to rush back??? I'm always serching for some school or job, if there's a proper school for my daughter then i don't mind sending but all the international schools are very costly.

5. Mona2707

Mona2707 New IL'ite

I really salute you for your perserverance and determination in educating your daughter. I have a friend who is an administrator in an International School here K.L. Perhaps she could help you out. Before I call her, could you explain you daughters condition in laymen terms. I am aware of conditions like dyslexia and autisim in children but not this particular one. You daughter must be one special girl because you are her mum. Always believe that GOD works in mysterious ways. Are you considering homeschooling you girl? I read about that sometime back in the papers. Have you browsed the net for any possibilities? Just a suggestion, why dont you make the time to go Ipoh and checkout this talk. You will be losing one days income but its for your girl's benefit. Sorry dont mean any offence, I really do not know your situation. There are plenty of teaching opportunities here in K.L. For example International schools like Alice Smith have vacancies for teaching assistants where you will earn about RM1K++ and your working hours are from 8am to 3pm I think. Send me a quick reply about your girl's condition and I will take it from there. Anything to help out!

Regards
    Mona

6. buttercup

buttercup New IL'ite

dyspraxia is a hidden handicap. This means that you look like everbody else, however you may find it harder to do things that other people can do.
    Development Dyspraxia (also known as Developmental Co-ordination Disorder, and the Clumsy Child Syndrome) is a neurologically based disorder of the processes involved in paxis or the planning of movement to achieve a predetermined idea or purpose, which may affect the acquisition of new skills and the execution of those already learned. More specifically, it is a disorder of praxis, or the prosess of ideation (forming ann idea of using a known movement to achieve a planned purpose), motor planning (planning the action needed to achieve the idea), and execution (carrying out the planned movement).
    Dyspraxia may affect any or all arears of development - physical, intellectual, emotional, social, language, and sensory - and may impair the normal process of learning, thus is a learning difficulty.It affects each child differently, therefore each child's difficulties are unique to him/her.
    problems may show in:-
    ~poor writing and drawing abilities
    ~fine and/or gross motor skills-dislike games, physical education, ball activities and playing outside
    ~slow learning e.g. to ride a bike
    ~difficulties standing on one leg, hopping or jumping
    ~sequencing, affecting most areas of development
    ~thoght; with a normal intelligence, these children may have difficulty in planning and organising thoughts
    ~following instructions
    ~social skills
    ~emotion immaturity

Thanks for your advice. I am attending the talk on this comimg Saturday. thnaks for your concern.
    bye

7. PadmaL

PadmaL Senior IL'ite

Hi Margrat,

Am frm Malaysia. My mum's place is at Subang Jaya. Am regular person visit at Puchong Perumal Temple. Have a nice day.

Cheers
    PadmaL

8. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

Hi let me know if you are meeting in kl/ if i am free would like to join all--jay

9. Smitavivek

Smitavivek New IL'ite

Hey,
    I have shifted to subang jaya from singapore. I am living in subang avenue near subang parade.

Nice idea, Lets meet up.

cheers

smita

10. ishvickey30

ishvickey30 Senior IL'ite

hi Smita,

welcome to Subang jaya... i stay in E-tiara next to Subang Avenue...so what u do?? i m from Delhi (India)..u r frm ??