Yoga classes by Indians in Austin

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by thanuja, Mar 16, 2015.

1. thanuja

thanuja New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I moved to Austin in the beginning of this year, from India. Coming back to this site after many years. I need info about yoga classes any conducted by Indian ladies in Austin. I live in Cedar park, north of Austin and would like to join something nearby.

I used to have severe back problems and was recommended to do yoga back in India. I would prefer joining a yoga group run by Indians or a group that has participants those are Indians.

TIA
    Thanuja.

2. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

Hi Thanuja,

hope you are liking Austin. I used to go to Sai temple for yoga classes couple of years earlier. The instructor was American but being in the temple lots of India men and women used to attend. You may want to check Austin Hindu temple in Decker lane too.

Regards,
    Roshni

3. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Yeah AHT is conducting many classes during the weekends in the name of Austin Gurukulam. Yoga classes are one of them. You can find more details here - Austin Gurukulam

4. thanuja

thanuja New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Thank you for all the info. I will get in touch with Sai temple to see if they have any yoga classes there. Austin hindu temple might be quite a drive for me.

Also, I read in some kids family magazine that Brushy Creek MUD in Brushy Creek, RR have yoga for kids. I am going to see if they offer adult classes too. This should be a driving distance in non-peak hrs for me.

Thanks again,
    Thanuja

5. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

Yoga isn't that hard to pick-up. Plenty of online videos and resources are available for free. All you need to supply is the discipline. It just needs some structure and a couple of people to do it with. If you don't find some class nearby, another option is for you to find a couple of others and fix up a common time and do it together. Just do it for 1-month and see how that works out. Sometimes, we then get self-motivated to do it by ourselves.

6. Lavy28

Lavy28 New IL'ite

Hey Thanuja.. Don't know if you found ur yoga class yet but yoga at cedar park gold's gym is very good.Also bikram yoga in 1431 ranch shopping cedar park.